acura tl strutbar on accord

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
I agree... strut bars dont make that big of a difference in the first place, just like most mods with our cars (cept an H22 swap of course :D )...its all in your head

well... installing a good suspension, good brakes, good tires makes a huge difference on a grand-pa oriented Accord!! it makes this car so fun to drive.

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
the reason why strut bars don't make much of a difference is because...straight out of the factory honda manufacturers the suspension to be stiffer in the front. the front sway bar is thicker than the rear sway bar...so by adding a strut bar...your just making the front stiffer...on a FWD car...you need the REAR stiffer for better handling.

what you need to get is stiffer rear springs and a thicker sway bar.

now the TL's suspension is the same as the accord's...but the TL has better stuff becuz of the higher horsepower engine.

i purchased a TL rear swaybar from comptech for 117 dollars shipped, becuz all i wanted was the rear and i know it will fit the accord. and for the accord's, comptech only sell the full sway bar kit (front and rear)...and i didn't want that, just the rear stiffer for better handling.

mahBLACKaccord

Reaction score
TitaniumACC said:
i would like to try the Suspension Techniques strut/sway bars kit.. Everyone i talk to who have it enjoyed it a lot.

i think comptech would be best tho. they are a super company name.
i heard you have to drill holes where they shouldn't be for the Suspension techniques...
well i actually read it. right here.
www.carreview.com

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i spent $40 on an eibach strut bar like a year ago when I heard about them being on sale for cheap as hell.

doesn't interfere with the firewall supports. I like it.

ktz_04

Reaction score
du3ce said:
did u noticed any difference?

for my own opinion i like it better than any aftermarket strutbar.. its better,more stiffer better handling. i actually took of my megan strutbar.. cause i wana go back to stock (stock look)...and i like it better because i only got it for 5bucks. off my friend's wrecked acura tl..lol

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Wildman said:
i spent $40 on an eibach strut bar like a year ago when I heard about them being on sale for cheap as hell.

doesn't interfere with the firewall supports. I like it.

I love my Eibach, can't beat the $40 price tag.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Here's where I bought it from, small picture:
http://optionsauto.com/prodinfo.asp?number=EIB-4040.9

And on my car:
NewBay2NoFlash.jpg

theaccordian

Reaction score
mahBLACKaccord said:
i think comptech would be best tho. they are a super company name.
i heard you have to drill holes where they shouldn't be for the Suspension techniques...
well i actually read it. right here.
www.carreview.com

$300 for a strut bar on an accord? thats jsut excessive, strut bars can only do so much.

Why buy a golden spoon, when a plastic spork can get the job done just as well?

hope you get my analogy.

Back