AEM 2pc rotors

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
stock calipers are used... tht's why they give u the caliper relocation kit

make sure the rotors are still ok to be resurfaced.. those look pretty beat imho

should clear stock rims, but not 100% sure

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I've seen rougher rotors, clean them up with some Brakleen and scotch brite pads. The brake pads will take off the rest of the buildup.

They may need resurfaced, you don't really know until you drive on them. They may be warped, or they may be fine.

As for fitment, ask for the distance between the hub face (where the back of the rim mates up) and front of the rotor surface. Then compare that with your factory rotors. There should be a +/- tolerance. Just a question of whether it falls outside of it or not. My guess is they will work. Usually you only have to worry about fitment when changing calipers.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
$60 for rotors and relo brackets is good. But I would also verify that they'll fit first.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I would be a little concerned about the price/authenticity of the product.

The lack of info is not very reassuring as well, but it just could be a lazy/unknowledgeable seller.

You should be able to make an informed decision based on the suggestions above. If it's legit, all the best, hope it works out for you.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
not worth it imho

it's jus ta cosmetic upgrade... the braking surface depends mostly on the caliper piston.. even if the rotor is larger, stopping power is abt the same

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
That looks like an Older model 2 piece from AEM. I would see if you can get replacement rotor rings and rotor hats for that model.

I did a quick search and didn't see any 2 piece rotors from AEM as a current product.

...would be worth it only if:

1. weight of the 2 piece was same or lighter than OEM 1 piece rotor, however, it is a 13 inch rotor so it might be heavier.
2. replacement parts are still available from AEM
3. calipers were changed at the same time. Would upgrade to the Acura legend caliper or an Aftermarket lightweight 4 pot aluminum caliper.

Back