AEM V2 4cyl CAI

accordman1

Reaction score
Considering the fact that we're not gonna be beating 350z's in our cars I'd say having someone's surprised face at an intersection realizing how loud an accord can be is well worth buying the V2. It is without a doubt a god amongst the various intakes and one of the greatest investments I've ever made.
The sound...*drools*

Is it really that loud because I have never had one. I hear that the Injen CAI are a very good intake also. But I guess its all opinions. It is not a cheap intake close to 300 for it but if it sounds very nice and does what people say on here guess its worth it.

F23Coupe

Reaction score
Only if the V2 was a short ram. After I hydrolocked my engine, I'm looking to replace my current CAI with a short ram so I don't think I'd go the V2 route. I'm actually leaning towards the RS Akimoto 3" short ram intake with a Blox or BPi velocity stack setup.

Now a question for ya. Is the V2 louder than the SR? The SR is louder than CA, but not sure if it's louder than the V2 though. Care to comment on it? Thanks.

ditbu13oi

Reaction score
Only if the V2 was a short ram. After I hydrolocked my engine, I'm looking to replace my current CAI with a short ram so I don't think I'd go the V2 route. I'm actually leaning towards the RS Akimoto 3" short ram intake with a Blox or BPi velocity stack setup.

Now a question for ya. Is the V2 louder than the SR? The SR is louder than CA, but not sure if it's louder than the V2 though. Care to comment on it? Thanks.

The V2 is louder than any intake you have ever heard and the best sounding intake you can find... I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A-cord

Reaction score
i can vouch for the v2 being louder than an SRI.. when i first took my v2 out for a test drive.. i was so surprised.. it was a lot louder than an SRI. prob 2x louder.. and the gains were more noticeable too.

NASOHC

Reaction score
The V2 really makes a difference on mid-top end power - but then my engine has head work, cam & 68mm throttle body, it totally needs one though I installed mine 3 weeks before my engine upgrade; it was louder than the AEM SR version though it still made better power and yes, it fits a whole lot better. I can't tell much difference now since the engine is louder overall being mod'd. Great upgrade in my opinion! :thumbsup:

Chorilored

Reaction score
Re: AEM V2 CAI 98-02 L2 2.3l SOHC Vtec Accord

whats up. I just wanted to know what stage clutch u got? and what kind of flywheel and how much it weighs. also do u reccomend fidanza?
cuz im looking into getting a new clutch kit soon.

Chorilored

Reaction score
The V2 really makes a difference on mid-top end power - but then my engine has head work, cam & 68mm throttle body, it totally needs one though I installed mine 3 weeks before my engine upgrade; it was louder than the AEM SR version though it still made better power and yes, it fits a whole lot better. I can't tell much difference now since the engine is louder overall being mod'd. Great upgrade in my opinion! :thumbsup:
whut up
i was wondering where did u get the throttle body and did u install it yourself?

Back