Alignment Inquiry..

rvangj

Reaction score
You sir....are wrong. After I installed the coilovers on my Accord, I thought the toe was fine because the car drove in a straight line. Turn out the toe was just barely out of spec and I went through a set of NEW tires over a period of four months.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS get an alignment after a suspension install.

Yeah forgot if you somehow got neg. toe yes it will wear and go stright. Plus i dont know how you took everything apart but i only pull the forks off and the the rest slides out with out having to unbolt control arms.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah forgot if you somehow got neg. toe yes it will wear and go stright. Plus i dont know how you took everything apart but i only pull the forks off and the the rest slides out with out having to unbolt control arms.

:eh:

sweagle02

Reaction score
should I get my rear camber kit installed at the same time I get the coilovers installed or when?

Fuzz

Reaction score
Yes, but make sure that you set the bars (or bar, depending on the kit), to the same length as the one you are replacing. Let the alignment shop do the adjustments.

The last thing you want to do is drive around for 2 or 3 weeks with your Toe out of spec.

sweagle02

Reaction score
Yes, but make sure that you set the bars (or bar, depending on the kit), to the same length as the one you are replacing. Let the alignment shop do the adjustments.

The last thing you want to do is drive around for 2 or 3 weeks with your Toe out of spec.

My friend was planning on installing the coils for me. I messaged him asking him if he could install the rear camber kit as well and I'm still waiting for an answer. Ugh I just want everything to be fine and not get my brand new Neogens to wear so soon.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score

That's exactly how I've did all seven suspension installs that I've done.

lldumboll

Reaction score
i got a question too. my alignment is totally off. my car does not drive straight lol. that **** gradually swerve to the right if i let go of my steering wheel. and i took it to a few local shop. they said i shouldnt do it.. theres no point? and said once i drop my car its gonna b like that... sooo.. if i get an alignment it wont do anything soo.. where do i go?

sweagle02

Reaction score
i got a question too. my alignment is totally off. my car does not drive straight lol. that **** gradually swerve to the right if i let go of my steering wheel. and i took it to a few local shop. they said i shouldnt do it.. theres no point? and said once i drop my car its gonna b like that... sooo.. if i get an alignment it wont do anything soo.. where do i go?

Get the tires balanced. I installed my coilovers yesterday and installed the camber kit and got no alignment, my mechanic told me to bring it in a few weeks and check out the toe but that an alignment wasn't necessary.

lldumboll

Reaction score
i dont think its my tires.. when i drive, id have to hold my steering wheel straight then it drives straight, but once i let it go, it starts to turn to the right a lil bit..id have to hold on to my steerin wheel straight w a lil force so it stays straight. :/

Back