AMP help

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
Hey,

I have some Coaxial Pioneer A class speakers which are 3 way, and I was wondering if adding an Amp to them would be improve the sound. I am on a budget so I was thinking about $150.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P5100Ub as the headunit, and I have a Basslink as my sub.

I read the car audio faq, But I was still confused on what kind of amp I should choose for my coaxial speakers ? And also what brands and models are a good choice.

any help is appreciated, thanks

Kville02Accord

Reaction score
Hey,

I have some Coaxial Pioneer A class speakers which are 3 way, and I was wondering if adding an Amp to them would be improve the sound. I am on a budget so I was thinking about $150.

I have a Pioneer DEH-P5100Ub as the headunit, and I have a Basslink as my sub.

I read the car audio faq, But I was still confused on what kind of amp I should choose for my coaxial speakers ? And also what brands and models are a good choice.

any help is appreciated, thanks

What's the power rating of the co-ax's? Most speakers will sound better with more power behind them, especially if you play them at higher volume levels.

Also, how do you like the BaseLink? Is it the first version or BL II? I am thinking about getting one for my future 6th gen.

The Pioneer GM 6400F would be a nice 4 channel amp in your price range. Or the Kenwood KAC-8404.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Yes powering your coaxils with an amp will make them sound clearer and or louder. Im using this amp right now for my highs..

Im running Infiniti kappa components in the front and Alpine Type S Coaxils in the rear.

http://www.bingbangzoom.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=51264&brandtype=84

It's a seller off of ebay but that's there website. THey have pretty quick shipping and my amp worked great!

very nice amp for the price. Plus its small and compact!

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
What's the power rating of the co-ax's? Most speakers will sound better with more power behind them, especially if you play them at higher volume levels.

Also, how do you like the BaseLink? Is it the first version or BL II? I am thinking about getting one for my future 6th gen.

The Pioneer GM 6400F would be a nice 4 channel amp in your price range. Or the Kenwood KAC-8404.

I think the power ratings for the 6x5 speakers are 35-40 watts rms, while the 6x9 speakers are 40 rms.

I was looking at that same pioneer amp, seems like a great deal man :)

The basslink is sick, I love it man, it thumps enough for me, and it takes very little space, I bought it from hookedontronics for 172 shipped. Check out my review in the product forum :)

Yes powering your coaxils with an amp will make them sound clearer and or louder. Im using this amp right now for my highs..

Im running Infiniti kappa components in the front and Alpine Type S Coaxils in the rear.

http://www.bingbangzoom.com/show_product_details.jsp?cid=51264&brandtype=84

It's a seller off of ebay but that's there website. THey have pretty quick shipping and my amp worked great!

very nice amp for the price. Plus its small and compact!

Thanks bro for the info, I noticed that the alpine amp has bass boost and high pas filters, while the pioneer does not. Is a high pass filter important ?

I would move the coaxils to the rears and invest in some components.

I do want some JL audio components but they are like $300, kinda out of my budget now. But I already have some 6x9's for the rear.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Thanks bro for the info, I noticed that the alpine amp has bass boost and high pas filters, while the pioneer does not. Is a high pass filter important ?

I do want some JL audio components but they are like $300, kinda out of my budget now. But I already have some 6x9's for the rear.

Well it depends if you have a sub in your car or not or if you like bass comign through your speakers.

If you have a sub turn high pass on. This way youll get all highs and no bass through your speakers

If you dont have a sub, turn the amp to full range. that way youll get mids highs and bass through your speakers.

theres a variety of components that you can buy that can fit your budget.. MB quartz, Infiniti Kappa, Alpine.. plenty. there can be had at about 150ish brand new

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
yah I heard a lot of recommendations for Phoenix Gold components, and they are under $100 :)

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
Back