And people say leds dont have projectile...

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
I would like to see proof of the output, that's all.

For what you are paying, even at your price, they better have HID/Retro-level output.

Not knocking your project, go ahead with it. This is how trends get started.

:coffee:

These are those lights.. the Dually 15w lights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdl1HW0_vfU&feature=related

for only 15 watts, you can't tell me you arent impressed. 3" by 3" light x2, those to me are hid-level worthy, especially for a fog light set up.

again, this is those same Dually LEDs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f89saxnf6VQ&feature=related

1300meter projection.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgdQLrg8OkQ&feature=related

Mikey

Reaction score
Pretty good output. Price is still real steep though. They're bright but they still lack something. I think fog lights would be the ideal application for these. They may not have a cut-off but they should still have a directional beam.

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
Yeah.. about $125 give or take PER light.. i agree about the price. I might have to ask for one for christmas, then one for my birthday ;)

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Tbh, I'd rather retro some MH1's into some fogs rather than getting LEDs .. They're proven to have good output, and a decent cutoff, and at $100 per SET, you can't go wrong ..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Tbh, I'd rather retro some MH1's into some fogs rather than getting LEDs .. They're proven to have good output, and a decent cutoff, and at $100 per SET, you can't go wrong ..

Good price and QFT.......

Yeah.. about $125 give or take PER light.. i agree about the price. I might have to ask for one for christmas, then one for my birthday ;)

......BUT, you can't beat free.

:lawl:

So-Cal98'

Reaction score
I just had the idea because nobody has had those mounted. How many people do you see with yellow/hid fogs? a lot. how many people do you see with these? i haven't ever. This is going on my list of mods, after my drop :D

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
LED's are also used in Tactical flashlights and gunlights. They can put out alot of light for low power.

LeAccord

Reaction score
LED's are also used in Tactical flashlights and gunlights. They can put out alot of light for low power.

+1.. ish..

I had an LED Lenser P7 torch that I just use around the home and it is very, very bright. However the battery doesn't often last long when you have it on 'high beam' setting. It uses four AAA batteries IIRC.

You could probably mount two of these on your car and it'll be as bright, if not brighter and give you further vision than your typical standard headlights. :lawl:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
In all honesty, it's a 'new' - ish idea, especially when it comes to our cars, but I don't see it as being practical at that price.

Google Search :)

apparently, tons of other people have done it before according to that google search :p I still have yet to see anything that'll wow me enough for me to even consider doing something like that when a retrofit can obviously do the same, if not better.

Back