And the Pigeon Gods have officially cursed me!

Honda4Life

Reaction score
So I went to refill my prescription today to only hear a weird metal on metal noise coming from the front right corner. It happened at low speeds and changed acoustically with the change of speed so I figure it has to do with the brakes.

The noise will occur then all of a sudden disappear and then reoccur. Not sure why this could be as when I changed the brake fluid out not too long ago I noticed that the pads were good as well as the rotors.

Any ideas?

Pigeon Poop maybe?! :eekwtf: haha! j/k

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Re: And the Pigeon Gods have official cursed me!

Rock stuck somewhere
not enough brake grease
could have air in your lines. Bleed your brakes if you didn't after you changed your fluid

Honda4Life

Reaction score

lmao what is with you and pigeon?!?!?

haha! I was trying to bring some sense of humor into another B.S. incident! haha! :p

But on a somewhat of a good news...It seems as though the Pigeons have dispersed but at the same time there seems to be a lot of Crows around now!

:inouteek:

But back to the metal on metal noise...any ideas? Caliper sticking? Worn something? Could the change of brake fluid done this? Too tight wheel nuts? Too loose?

Narftastic

Reaction score

haha! I was trying to bring some sense of humor into another B.S. incident! haha! :p

But on a somewhat of a good news...It seems as though the Pigeons have dispersed but at the same time there seems to be a lot of Crows around now!

:inouteek:

But back to the metal on metal noise...any ideas? Caliper sticking? Worn something? Could the change of brake fluid done this? Too tight wheel nuts? Too loose?

:lolhitting: ahahah dude you and birds..........smh

but anyway mabey is could be the pads?

Honda4Life

Reaction score

:lolhitting: ahahah dude you and birds..........smh

but anyway mabey is could be the pads?

Ha! Tell me about it!

I may have to shot a crow and hang it.

Not too sure how to get the wheel of so I have to see when my buddy is avaliable to help me. Should I spray the caliper with some WD40 in the meantime and then drive around to burn it off?

Narftastic

Reaction score

Ha! Tell me about it!

I may have to shot a crow and hang it.

Not too sure how to get the wheel of so I have to see when my buddy is avaliable to help me. Should I spray the caliper with some WD40 in the meantime and then drive around to burn it off?

haha those little kids are going to tell there parents lol

i dunno dude ima noob :hide: so you should ask one of these smart guys on here lol

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

I wouldn't spray wd40 on brakes. Bleed your brakes, check for rocks, may be your pad warning censor

Honda4Life

Reaction score
Well now that we are on the topic of brakes

Will brake fluid go bad if it has been sitting on the shelf for over a year maybe two?

Half of it was used and the other half was left in the container and the top was closed tightly...would air still get in to ruin the fluid?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
its not air that you have to worry about....its moisture in the air that would decrease the boiling point...if you do lots of mountain roads...like downhill with repeating braking zones...i would run a new and upgraded brake fluid...if you don't do this kind of driving its probably fine

also...check your brake pad wear...the pad on the back side of the rotor where the piston pushes...that one can wear faster than the one you see on the outside since the piston is pushing from the inside.

Back