And the Pigeon Gods have officially cursed me!

slowrider87

Reaction score
-edit- just read the second page...

what patrick said.

brake fluid is hygroscopic meaning it absorbs moisture/water. good rule of thumb is to always use a fresh bottle cause if you leave it on the shelf and its not perfectly air tight (which it isn't since you opened it) then it will absorb the water from the air. Too much water absorption into the brake fluid can cause it to boil at a lower temperature. which is bad haha.

unfortunately non of that has anything to due with a metal on metal noise. check for a rock or any other debris on the pad or rotor surface. also check the metal dust shield thats behind the rotor. its pretty easy to bend and since its so close to the rotor it doesn't take much of a bend come in contact with the rotor which would result in the sound you describe. If non of this helps you should probably take it to a mechanic since anything else I could suggest to you would be something you shouldn't do unless you know what your doing, and from the sounds of it you don't know enough to be messing with a part of your car that keeps you from dying.

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
The shop?!

From what I know the brakes were last changed at Honda so I would imagine they used Honda pads.
I was talking about the shop I work at. you know the one that I just told you about when I said to use the scotchbright pad to scuff the brakes.....

he's talking about the wear indicator on the pads. the thing that makes a loud metal grinding noise to make dumb people take their cars in to get brakes.

Honda4Life

Reaction score
So I have been driving more and notice that the noise is present some days and not others...

I'm still a little bit too hurt to get under the car so let me know what you think...

Of and from the outside of the wheel there seems to be a lot of pad left but I know people say that the caliper pressing side wears faster...would it be that much faster than the outside?

Back