annual mid-atlantic cruise planning thread

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Uh oh, another turbo... Looks like there will be another person to join in on the 1/2 mile circuit races :lawl: Hopefully Patrick can find a loop with less speedbumps.

And Tim, I think that sounds like a solid plan. 45 minute grace period seems reasonable.

Last edited:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
I wanna organize another skyline cruise. I'm thinking august or early september so we avoid the tourists this year. Who's down? And when is best? Gotta organize fast. No bias BMW loving douchenozzles this time.
soooo down. if all goes well I may come in the 240 for some sliding fun. :chucklesfawk:

Nah, it'd ruin the views. Cleansleeper, there's a fee to get onto the road, but it's well worth it.

We could rent out a picnic shelter at Skyland/Big Meadows, chill and grill, then cruise afterwards
I think it was like $9 for the day pass.

HA! i know when Abe Lincoln is brought into conversation it's me. I get it quite a bit. and yes, this time we will keep it small. so we don't have to wait around a burning hot parking lot. I say take what we learned from the last one and other meets and use it to our advantage. plan more functionally. I don't wanna do another cookout, and I don't want to rent a shelter again. too much expense & organization involved for that and we are running short enough on time before tourist season as is.

Anyways, People are going to be late, they always are. Those on time don't want to sit around doing nothing in a hot parking lot. So lets meet up and eat at a restaurant for lunch. That way people running a little late have the whole time we are eating to show up. Fast food would be Ideal so we don't have to tell them how many people for a table (lets face it, we never really know that number) and we can order food, get it quickly, take our time eating and bullsh*ting. And that way people that show up during lunch can also get food without having to wait for a server to come take their order. and close out checks. So we're talking like a 45 minute grace period MAX for stragglers.

Sound like a good start? Any suggestions? Additions? Different Ideas?
i like that plan and we'll end the cruise at the bar at the top like last year?
except I'll have money for my own beer this time hahaha.

Uh oh, another turbo... Looks like there will be another person to join in on the 1/2 mile circuit races :lawl: Hopefully Patrick can find a loop with less speedbumps.

And Tim, I think that sounds like a solid plan. 45 minute grace period seems reasonable.
if I come in the 240 we definitely have to avoid speedbumps haha

nah, speedbumps just test your skill.
this is true. but they will also test the durability of my aero. which I'm not trying to test yet since I haven't even finished paying for it hahaha

slowrider87

Reaction score
Lol Patrick. If you bring the 240 remind me to grab a few extra road flares. Always down for the bar. Skyland resort will be official end point. What date is good for everyone?

dadams

Reaction score
doesnt really matter as long as its not hotter than hell outside

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Lol Patrick. If you bring the 240 remind me to grab a few extra road flares. Always down for the bar. Skyland resort will be official end point. What date is good for everyone?
I'll be the one driving the 240 not collin. he's the one whos known for hitting trees with 240s hahaha

doesnt really matter as long as its not hotter than hell outside
^THIS

t0MMy

Reaction score
Dam havent been on in a while, too busy with summer school and work..

but im definitely down to come for sure! i like the idea of going somewhere to eat while we wait for everyone.

I'm actually about to go there in a week or two with some friends just for a chill cruise

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
sundays are my only day off and with a 7 day vacation coming up at the end of august I can't really take too many extra days off.

Back