Any Bikers??

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Finally got my new bike in, though I only sent my Employee Purchase form in on Monday... it SEEMED like a long time, ok??

Trek Fuel EX 8 19.5
7373756808_e2cc9eac88_z.jpg

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Finally got my new bike in, though I only sent my Employee Purchase form in on Monday... it SEEMED like a long time, ok??

Trek Fuel EX 8 19.5
7373756808_e2cc9eac88_z.jpg
That's a sick looking bike. How much is your employee discount?
15doz75.jpg

new frame im going to transfer my parts to soon :]
Post more pics when you have it all together :thumbsup:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Sick bike Will!!! Looks almost exactly like my 2011 EX8. I guess they did not change the paint much. Have you had a chance to ride it much?

Any thoughts on Raleigh bikes? Friends of mine opened a bike shop a few months ago and they sell Raleighs. I got to ride one of their Militis 3 bikes yesterday and I loved the feeling of carbon. First time to ride with SRAM Red also, and some incredibly stiff Mavic Ksyrium SLR wheels. They informed me yesterday they would sell me a Militis 1 bike for dirrrrrtttt cheap. Full 105 with FSA crank. Retails for $2500

RB_2012_Militis-1_carbon-white-red_LG.jpg

http://www.raleighusa.com/bikes/road/militis-1-12/

I do not know much about Raleigh bikes except that they cost much less than Treks.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Yea, I love my new bike, it's incredible. I love how maneuverable it is and how well it responds to hits. It's got the DRCV in the fork now, and the SLX brakes are amazing. Dude, Raleigh bikes are awesome, if you can get a good deal on a carbon bike, go for it.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Have you noticed any chain slap on yours? My Trek 6500 was really bad, and the Fuel seems to be a tad worse than I expected. What PSI do you usually put your rear shock at? I think I have had mine at weight plus about 10 pounds. Jealous that you have SLX brakes. 2011 model has Elixir 5 and I have never been a huge fan of Avid brakes especially when it comes to bleeding them. I def have become a more aggressive rider on it, and I am unsure if I could ever go back to a hardtail.

As for the Raleigh, it will take some contemplation even with the insane discount. I always had cheap bikes, so not sure I can convince to buy another really nice bike since I just bought the Fuel in October. I hate spending money, but I loved how strong I was able to ride on the CF bike. I have a feeling todays ride after work is going to be depressing since I am back on my Trek 1200.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I took my rider weight plus 15%, so I am at like 175 psi with my rebound cranked up all the way. The trek calculator made it a little too soft for my riding style, so I upped it a bit.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Gotcha, I will have to double check mine next time. Do you treat it like tires and check them before every ride?

I have not been able to ride mtn much at all. I have not been on my mtn bike in a few weeks. But I have been getting tons of great rides on my road bike. Hence the contemplation of buying a new one. Yesterday had one of my most intense rides with some friends. 27 miles with a awful climb at the end reaching up to 20% grading. I ran out of gears haha

Back