Any Bikers??

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yeah the only one in TN is in Memphis....and well i try to avoid that city as much as possible..i don't really want to die this young...

lol...yea...you can't lock your doors and roll up your windows wehn your on a bike huh eric?

sidenote...i wish i had a bike now....i need exercise....:coffee:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Went out again on Saturday to a new trail...This trail was lots of fun, more for my skill level, and it had lots of spots to go fast on..Only downfall was that it rained towards the end, and since most of the trail was rocks it was REALLY slippery..ended up having to walk...I should have a new toy by the end of the week..and something else that i got for 30 bucks :D

some pics when we finished..i felt really bad having to wash the bike...looked so much better dirty...they were also shot with my P&S Olympus...quality of that thing is really good...

Mtnbiking2.jpg

Mtnbiking3.jpg

Mtnbiking.jpg

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
haha well i guess i won't actually have the new toy by this week..but i am planning on ordering my new toy..AKA a Trek 6000 in flat black :D
6thgen discounts probably won't happen haha...we are too small of a store for me to give lots of people discounts...but i certainly am taking advantage of them..Starting to get pretty quick at building bikes also...Built one in 45 min few days ago...i finally have figured it out haha..i wanted to go riding today but had nobody to go..and i certainly am not going to go riding trails by myself..

as for the $30 toy..i don't feel like giving details until i figure out if it will work... :D

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
EHHHH change of plans..found out today that Trek does not have any 6 series bikes in the size and color i want...but they will once the 2009 versions come out..only problem is that isn't soon..I was told by our Trek rep that the earliest i am looking at is LATE July/early august..SUCKS!!!!!!!

he even checked to see what is on the ship right now coming from China..no luck :( So that def makes me angry, i was hoping to have one by the end of this week...As for my other $30 toy..no updates...guy i needed to talk to at work was not there..

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
haha nah...gotta go Trek..

SOOO I built a few mountain bikes this week..and two were in Flat Black...WOW they are really really sweet..but they were both towards the base models...

ryon527

Reaction score
I'm having problems with my disc brakes on my new giant yukon fx. When you go riding the first two or three times you use the rear brake its fine. After that its like its warped or something, you get a really bad vibration. I never heard of mountain bike rotors warping before. What should i do clean the rotor really well and see if that helps? I can't figure out why it doesn't happen right when I start riding. They're mechanical disc brakes btw.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
YEah the rotors can warp but i wouldn't think they would this quick...and be glad they are mechanical brakes..makes adjustments a lot easier...hydraulics are a bia...

Press in the rear brake some and see if the whole rotor moves/bends when you press it..if it does then get a #4 allen wrench i believe and on the inside part of the brake you turn it once clockwise till it clicks..and keep adjusting it that way till when you press the brakes it does not move the rotor

What that does is tighten the two calipers together more..allowing for no bending of the rotor..but it could cause the rotor to rub on the brake some if the gap is too small

IF that isn't the problem spin the wheel some when it is not on the ground and see if you hear it rubbing any...and if it is..might want to take it back to have them adjust it more because that can get complicated...

ORRR haha it could be something simple as grease on the brake...to where cleaning it would fix the problems..

Last edited:
Back