Anyone do any fiberglassing?

ryon527

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has done anything custom with their system. Post pics if you've done anything unique like a monitor in dash or fiberglass in the trunk.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i've never done any fiberglassing but have always thought it'd be cool to try. i always thought the materials were kind of expensive though

ryon527

Reaction score
Here's a tutorial on fiberglassing.

http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/Glassing2/index.htm

I'm currently working on something very similar to this but its for my amp.

materials aren't that expensive

fiberglass resin ~ $12
disposable brushes $1 each
fiberglass cloth ~$10
masking tape
tin foil

Another thing, the resin is really messy stuff. The only stuff that the fiberglass doesn't stick to is tin foil thats why its used.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
ah cool, my audio stuff in my car is already done but maybe I can fiberglass some home theater stuff

acrod99

Reaction score
Me and my friend troy made a cosole for his wagon-like 5ft long. we made it mainly outta wood, then sunk in his air and volt gauges, and did the same sort of thing at the back of it. after bolting it all together, we fiberglassed the whole thing with kitty hair then sanded that down-hard part. when it looked ok, we went over it with the bondo icing-a finishing filler, and the primed and painted it. it turned out sick, and really sets off his interior. here's a link to his car's page , but i don't think there's any pics of the console yet-i'll try to get some this weekend. :cool:

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
I hated sanding the ****. When you get a sander and all the stuff flies in the air, and it lands on your skin. You itch for a damn week!

acrod99

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
I hated sanding the ****. When you get a sander and all the stuff flies in the air, and it lands on your skin. You itch for a damn week!
Tell me bout it! i was covered in that shat for the entire week it took us! Don't breathe it in!haha-you learn that pretty quick.

ryon527

Reaction score
here's some pics of the what i'm doing for my amp. The amp is going to be mounted in there and the amp wires are going to be hidden and there is going to be a lighted logo in the lower left. maybe a 6thgenaccord logo if I get donated one (nudge nudge wink wink wildman :D haha)

905778_23_full.jpg

905778_24_full.jpg

yeah you DO NOT want to breath that stuff in. My left arm and thumb went numb for awhile because of that stuff. It still stinks in my car and I've had the windows open and sprayed stuff in there.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, i dont have anything to fiberglass anymore!

edit:
oh wait, maybe i could fiberglass my radar detector into my headliner. ILL JUST FIBERGLASS A WHOLE NEW HEADLINER!! nah, maybe ill fiberglass an a-pillar dual gauge pod mount for my a/f and volt gauges sittin on my floor.

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
lol i don't have anything to donate other than stickers, we're not fancy enough to have logos and all that :p

what kind of amp / sub are you going to be running?

Back