Anyone do any fiberglassing?

ryon527

Reaction score
310a.jpg

Infinity Reference 310a Subwoofer Mono Amp
cost $100 on cardomain
around 315 rms at 2 ohms hopefully it will be actually a little more than that on the test sheet

I already ran 8 gauge wires so I had to limit the size of the amp. Its replacing a alpine m301 mono amp that crapped out

Sub is a 12" infinity reference dvc

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
id hate to tell you guys thi, but once i get a system back, im sticking with sony, so far so good for me. i cant wait to see your finished product ryon. i went to circuit city today to look at all the **** i had in my car, and i saw the only sony amp they have there, was a 1200w for $150.......thats how much i paid for my last 600w that was jacked from me, and the 12" P5 is still the same price. my headunit is upgraded, its got small differences from the one that was stolen, but its the same one. i just hope insurance will give me money for this ****, cuz its all the same price, just better.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
sketch, you're money your decision, but seriously sony is at the bottom of the pile. try something new, you can't really go wrong with chosing anything else.

ryon have u bought the sub yet? you might want to step up to the perfect. not that there's anything wrong with the reference, but the perfects are a great sub for the money

ryon527

Reaction score
yea already got the sub and box and all that good stuff it was in my old car. my name is ryan btw haha. never heard anyone named ryon, my friend used to call me ryon thats how i ended up with my username.

ryon527

Reaction score
another thing to think of sketch is what the amp is actually putting out. like the 1200 watt one is not putting out that amount. thats the peak it put out in some lab test and they somehow got that number. you gotta look for rms power on the spec sheet for the amp.

Definition of RMS
The term rms power is referred to as the average power. A power amplifier rated as having "200 watts rms power" really puts out 200 watts of continuous sine wave power.

just watch out if you get the 1200 watt one that your wiring is the right gauge for the amp.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i still swear by my elemental designs amp.

they just introduced a new amp too (nine.2x) .. and it's a beast for the price. right around $265 shipped i think and it does 600x1 at 4ohm!

or the nine.2 amp does 400x1 @ 4 ohms, still plenty for most pairs of subs

or the

ryon527

Reaction score
If anyone wants the fiberglass thing I started on for the trunk you can have it for free. I changed my mine on what I want to do in the trunk.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
If anyone wants the fiberglass thing I started on for the trunk you can have it for free. I changed my mine on what I want to do in the trunk.

^^HAHA, yeah, I'd give up on it too. Fiberglassing anything vertical is hard a$$ $hit!

ryon527

Reaction score
yeah i can do it but its just too much work. after seeing how much time it took to get that monitor dash smooth I just don't feel like doing it. I'm going to do a fake floor and have the amp in that instead.

MixMaster

Reaction score
Heya, my amp is installed behind that piece of boot liner, and no it is not a small amp. .

It works out that when you open the boot you can't even tell there is a amp there at all.....over heating you say? Not so, there is a cavity that forms part of the airconditioning return path there so it actually has quite a nice air flow (btw also unaffected by a full boot when i go skiing)

If you want picks let me know.

As for fibreglass, I worked with the stuff for a very long time so if you have any questions let me know. I made FG weather sheilds for my front speakers on this system.

Cheers,
Mike

Back