Apexcone or DDM?

Johnson

Reaction score
why are you giong to downgrade? can't you just switch the lenses?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
why are you giong to downgrade? can't you just switch the lenses?

i think its the ebay headlight lenses, because i've been on hidplanet looking around and alot of people have problem siwth light output from ebay or aftermarket headlight lenses... im tired of fixing it, and i'll be selling it.

sweagle02

Reaction score
haha yeah it does. I have a tsx retro in my car right now, but am probably going to sell them and go with ion blue headlights instead and wanted something bright.

What should I do? 55w 6k or 55w 8k? I was leaning more towards 8k because i like the bluish tint and plus itll look like 6k since the 55w kits wash out some of the color.

Ya that's correct man. 8k 55w = 6k 35w basically, so on and so forth. Good luck with what you're doin bro and feel free to ask any other questions.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
wow, arent you just the luckiest guy out there....

here was i've been doing this whole weekend, TSX projectors with clear lenses, DDM Slim 55W Ballasts with 6000K bulbs. although i'm going to be going with 4300k phillips bulbs in the near future, these are too blue for my taste.

img0388m.jpg

img0389i.jpg

img0390r.jpg

img0391v.jpg

oh and just so you know... those ion blue headlights will make your light output yellowish, no matter how blue of an HID kit you get. ask bdeitmeyer, he's got projectors behind ion lenses.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
wow, arent you just the luckiest guy out there....

here was i've been doing this whole weekend, TSX projectors with clear lenses, DDM Slim 55W Ballasts with 6000K bulbs. although i'm going to be going with 4300k phillips bulbs in the near future, these are too blue for my taste.

img0388m.jpg

img0389i.jpg

img0390r.jpg

img0391v.jpg

oh and just so you know... those ion blue headlights will make your light output yellowish, no matter how blue of an HID kit you get. ask bdeitmeyer, he's got projectors behind ion lenses.

Ill post pics of my light output tomorrow and see what yall guys think. I think its pretty crappy..

THe retrofit was done by Customlightz a long time ago when Rich first started his retrofitting bussiness accordign to the guy i bought it from.

When i opened up the headlight to swap parts over, he didnt even use brackets to mount the projector, he used jb weld, so there was no way for my to adjust rotationally, whcih i needed to since the passenger side beam was crooked.

Also, it seems like the cut off shield on the passenger side is messed up because the cut off line is not define like on the driver's side...

and with the ion blue lenses, I can live with that.

Back