AT shifter gear light out help

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Whew...i held off until i heard from you because i want to do this but im not about to waste my time if it didn't last or light up good.

So the light output is good? You can make out all the Letters/numbers?

Oh oops. Sorry. I forgot I posted in this thread. Let me go double check for you. =D I definitely don't want to lead you down the wrong path...

Edit: I went back and double checked the light output. Everything was readable. The red lettering was not as bright since I'm running an amber LED. As for hotspots, I didn't have any. I'm not sure, but it might be possible to have hotspots if you're running a different color LED. If you're ordering from SuperBrightLEDs, make sure you get the "74xHP3" bulb. That bulb as the 360 degree beam pattern that you need. It's a bit pricier than the other ones, but it'll insure that all the numbers are visible. Hope that helps out.

Last edited:

Ralphie

Reaction score
Oh oops. Sorry. I forgot I posted in this thread. Let me go double check for you. =D I definitely don't want to lead you down the wrong path...

Edit: I went back and double checked the light output. Everything was readable. The red lettering was not as bright since I'm running an amber LED. As for hotspots, I didn't have any. I'm not sure, but it might be possible to have hotspots if you're running a different color LED. If you're ordering from SuperBrightLEDs, make sure you get the "74xHP3" bulb. That bulb as the 360 degree beam pattern that you need. It's a bit pricier than the other ones, but it'll insure that all the numbers are visible. Hope that helps out.

I got the 360* one as you suggested but i got it in cool white because i just want it to be OEM but brighter.

Thanks for your help!

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
see mines the opposite, my DASH gear light is out. D4 works and D3 works but when im in 2 it doesn't even light up, but then 1 works.

my center shifter light will flicker off but i give it a good stare and it stays on...

Ralphie

Reaction score
Picture0009.jpg

Well thanks for all the help!

I got it in and working....had to remove some of the shifter assem and i was for sure i was going to **** it up but it worked.

Had a good time getting that little bastard of a bulb in that little socket.

HA!!!!:rock:

Oh yea sorry for the ****ty quality pic...i used the eyecam on my netbook ROFL!!!

Ralphie

Reaction score
Na man it seems even, but it wasn't pitch black out when i took that...it was dusk....so ill see when its pitch black out but it looked pretty even to me, thanks!

^That looks good. It is definitely a pain but you shouldn't have to replace it anymore. Did you notice any hotspots or is it pretty even lighting at night?

:lolhitting:Nice

Back