Auto H23Vtec swap

Ccrtech

Reaction score
I recently decided I would upgrade my 4dr power plant due to a slipping trans. I didn't want to go 5 speed but I did want some more power so I went with the H23vtec with the factory auto trans that came with the 2wd CH9. It is a 2001 spec swap that I ordered from Hmotorsonline.com and was VERY impressed with the condition of this swap when it arrived. I am using the JDM ECU with code PCF and it had NO immobilizer.

Yea I know its an automatic but it's a rare swap and it does have Much more power than before, the top end is excellent! Let me know what you guys think.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Just Finished my H swap, and glad others are doing them aswell, and Damnit that looks Clean! When I see swap IMO i think they are at best when they are as OEM looking as possible. And that looks fantastic!

schmiddr2

Reaction score
Where did you get the trans and how much?

Did you have to change the axles/shafts?

Looks great and I'm sure it feels like a new car. GJ!

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Where did you get the trans and how much?

Did you have to change the axles/shafts?

Looks great and I'm sure it feels like a new car. GJ!

you dont have to swap axles. just use your stock accord ones.

but im interested too in how much it ran you to buy the motor and have it shipped? if you dont mind sharing that info

Ccrtech

Reaction score
you dont have to swap axles. just use your stock accord ones.

but im interested too in how much it ran you to buy the motor and have it shipped? if you dont mind sharing that info

It cost $1800 to get the engine, trans, CF4 airbox and PCF ECU and that price included shipping from Cali to the east coast.

Shadow1

Reaction score
dern thats a freakin clean swap man. i might have to copy you. lol. put in my sig that your the original. haha.

was it a direct swap or did you have to do any re-wiring?

Ccrtech

Reaction score
dern thats a freakin clean swap man. i might have to copy you. lol. put in my sig that your the original. haha.

was it a direct swap or did you have to do any re-wiring?

Pretty much a direct swap, used te factory P/S pump with a 97-01 prelude bracket(had to modify the P/S pressure hose a bit). As far as wiring goes I had to move the wires from the crank sensor over to the dizzy plug and wire in the dizzy plug for the H23vtec, in addition I had to use the JDM trans speedo sensors which use 3 wires instead of the USDM 2 wires(the extra wire is just reference voltage that can be tapped into the TPS or MAP). Other than that pretty much straight forward swap, all my original mounts worked perfect!

twofast4u

Reaction score
swap looks good! Would love to see a video of this thing. Also, is it still obd2?

Back