auto tranny flush

f23accord2000

Reaction score
it easy to do its like changing your oil go to honda get 3 quarts of honda atf drain the fluid with a 3/8 wratchet,honda will give you a gasket for the plug,drain and clean the plug ,use 2.5 quarts of fluid to fill it back up,start it up shift through gears shut it off then check fluid ,always check fluid when its off.

honda have a sealed tranny, i just bought a 99 accord with 110k dont know if tranny has ever been done but i did a drain and fill and it drive great still,there is no0 harm is draining and filling

skep

Reaction score
haha damn i think i did the tranny flush at jiffy lube...my friend did it for me since he worked there. is it bad to do tranny flush on accords? would it effect anything? wow im tripping balls

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
A FLUSH is absolutely terrible for your transmission. I would NEVER take mine to Jiffy Lube. I have seen several transmissions ruined by transmission flushes in my line of work (commercial insurance claims - we insure a few shops who used to do the flushes and ruined several customers transmissions). If you have had a flush done, pray to GOD that your trans holds up. And DON'T DO IT AGAIN unless you like to spend money to replace your transmission.

Back