auto trans issue

rizzy

Reaction score
yeah, it can get expensive quick. but i dont really know too much on how to remedy the auto.

and in the future, try to use the multi quote feature instead of double posting, some folk dont take to kindly to that round here haha

thanks alot, as u can see im a noob.

juv290

Reaction score
my dad change my oil the other day at the shop but thats besides the point, so ur saying u added the cooler with your car having a issue or just for prevention??

I was having problems and the cooler helped. Some of the problem with the trannies are that the oil that goes through the radiator isnt cooled enough Honda made a bad choice in this gen and the 5th gen in not putting the cooler cuz the 4th gens have them and they dont get as many problems

EDIT:: oh yeah the tranny cooler is only about $30 so try that first as its a lot cheaper than getting a rebuild, about $1200...

Last edited:

rizzy

Reaction score
I was having problems and the cooler helped. Some of the problem with the trannies are that the oil that goes through the radiator isnt cooled enough Honda made a bad choice in this gen and the 5th gen in not putting the cooler cuz the 4th gens have them and they dont get as many problems

EDIT:: oh yeah the tranny cooler is only about $30 so try that first as its a lot cheaper than getting a rebuild, about $1200...

everyone is telling me to just leave it as it is epically my dad, he said it dont make sence to open it up and repair, that i might as well get a rebuilt one and change it and i totally agree, its just coming up with the funds to have it done. i think ill definitely purchase the transmission cooler from autozone and put it on cause the car only acts up wen its drivin for a while and it would be on and off after that.

rizzy

Reaction score
do you guys think putting on the oil cooler will help cover up some of the hard shifting/slips? or will i just be foolin my self, cause like i said it isent a constant issue it only occurs after driving for a while and goes away after a few but after that its a on and off issue.

CRV_33

Reaction score
...i have a 98 accord 4cy sedan with 160xxx miles. the issue im having is the transmission shifts hard/slips from 1st - 2nd gears and back down. the car drives fine when its cold for about a hour or longer sometime all day, but once its warm this issue shows up....

Well i got the tranny cooler and changed my oil and it helped sooo much. In my case my tranny felt like it was just gone it didnt want to shift almost at all but it was because of my oil and the cooler does help A LOT

sounds like juv290 is offereing a solution to cooling your down your tranny

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Homies! Install a tranny cooler! I made a DIY for the 4 bangers. It
helps a lot. But eventually your autotragic will take a big dump. B4 I went 5spd my autotragic shifted so damn smooth with the cooler. Trust me
It'll help ease the hard shifting

rizzy

Reaction score
Homies! Install a tranny cooler! I made a DIY for the 4 bangers. It
helps a lot. But eventually your autotragic will take a big dump. B4 I went 5spd my autotragic shifted so damn smooth with the cooler. Trust me
It'll help ease the hard shifting

bro your diy is awesome,:thumbup::thumbup: im definitely gonna use it, well have to lol. i was at autozone this morning getting a few things but i passed on the cooler for this weekend im gonna try to get it and install for next. ill keep you guys up to date with my install and results.

truWarier02

Reaction score
If you want to buy some time to get your funds up for a rebuild or what not, you can give this a try.

http://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Transmission-Fix-ATF-Conditioner/dp/B0002JMLUQ

I bought a bottle but never got to use it. It has worked for a couple members on here to buy some time until they were ready to go on with a swap.

My original tranny was slipping like yours more than a year ago and I replaced it with a rebuilt one.

rizzy

Reaction score
If you want to buy some time to get your funds up for a rebuild or what not, you can give this a try.

http://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Transmission-Fix-ATF-Conditioner/dp/B0002JMLUQ

I bought a bottle but never got to use it. It has worked for a couple members on here to buy some time until they were ready to go on with a swap.

My original tranny was slipping like yours more than a year ago and I replaced it with a rebuilt one.

thanks, but i read and was told by a few people that this just makes it worse aswell as any other anti-slip fluids, i was gonna use it but after i was told and heard that even changing the fluid will make it act up more i just decided to leave everything as it is. im gonna add the cooler this weekend tough. my car drives fine for the first few hours but after it get warmed up real well it jerks/slips/sticks and wat not but it dose that for about 15mis or so then stops for another 20mins and dose it aging...i know the cooler wont FIX the issue but aslong i can drive the car for longer time with less slippin/sticking ill be alittle happy, but if the cooler takes care of my worries all be more then super happy..

Back