axle binding problem

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Re: being slammed is causing me a problem

maybe she doesnt love you anymore.. i think shes sayin "part out my interior to Quinn" :naughty:

jk

i think if everything is on there good.. it must be the balance of the tires.

not sure if this has been covered, but you check the power steering fluid?

kn0x47

Reaction score

are your axles actually brand new or are they rebuilt? if they're rebuilt whered you get them from?

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

maybe she doesnt love you anymore.. i think shes sayin "part out my interior to Quinn" :naughty:

jk

i think if everything is on there good.. it must be the balance of the tires.

not sure if this has been covered, but you check the power steering fluid?

My interior will never part. Too fresh :hahano:

Oh no. That is one thing I forgot to check. I'll do it tomorrow.
But could that possibly make my car do that? :thinking:

are your axles actually brand new or are they rebuilt? if they're rebuilt whered you get them from?

Bought them new from advance auto parts. Honda mechanic told me too.

kn0x47

Reaction score

i dunno man. wish i could help. everything i've read points to either loose lug nuts, bad cv joint, ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rods, or steering rack. seems like you might have everything eliminated except for the steering rack :/

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

i dunno man. wish i could help. everything i've read points to either loose lug nuts, bad cv joint, ball joints, control arm bushings, tie rods, or steering rack. seems like you might have everything eliminated except for the steering rack :/

Yes. I'm gonna try to take it to a shop in the morning and see what they can tell me.
Only things left really is the wheel off balance, steering rack, or PS fluid.
I'm on a close time frame but regardless, my car will be slammed at the meet.

Shadow1

Reaction score

Look around for axle grease. I know a few times I've got new axles but there was a small slit in one of them and made it go bad.

Next check the otter tie rods. Are the bushings going bad? Do they have any cracks in them? Any missing?

Like said before. Check your steering rack and fluid. It doesn't take long to pop the hood and see how much P/S fluid you have.

Take each wheel off and look at the tread. They might not be cupping but the tread could have separated. Roll the tire and look at the tread. If any section of the tread looks like its moved to one side then there's your problem.

Your axles and tie rods get the most stress when your turning while your slammed.

5acc0rd4

Reaction score

Yea I know this has been said already but it sounds to me like bad tie rod ends or something with the tires themselves...I had a clunking noise coming from my passenger side, the wheel didn't shake, but when I took the tie rod off, the ball-joint-like bushings in it were bad; replaced it, stopped the noise. But I know if even one of your tires is warped or has any minor defect, it can cause some noticeable shaking. My mom's crv had a problem with one of the tires and it was really shaky...good luck man!

Shadow1

Reaction score

and plus the wheel bearing would start sounding like a roaring noise before it got so bad it would start causing drive-ability issues...thats from my experience at least.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

Look around for axle grease. I know a few times I've got new axles but there was a small slit in one of them and made it go bad.

Next check the otter tie rods. Are the bushings going bad? Do they have any cracks in them? Any missing?

Like said before. Check your steering rack and fluid. It doesn't take long to pop the hood and see how much P/S fluid you have.

Take each wheel off and look at the tread. They might not be cupping but the tread could have separated. Roll the tire and look at the tread. If any section of the tread looks like its moved to one side then there's your problem.

Your axles and tie rods get the most stress when your turning while your slammed.

Yea I know this has been said already but it sounds to me like bad tie rod ends or something with the tires themselves...I had a clunking noise coming from my passenger side, the wheel didn't shake, but when I took the tie rod off, the ball-joint-like bushings in it were bad; replaced it, stopped the noise. But I know if even one of your tires is warped or has any minor defect, it can cause some noticeable shaking. My mom's crv had a problem with one of the tires and it was really shaky...good luck man!

Thanks so much. Gonna go check the PS fluid now. I'll try switching my front and rear tire to see if that helps me out. Just in case it is that tire. The tire rods and bushings seemed fine to me but I guess I am no expert. I'm gonna try to take it by a shop before I go to work later and see what they can tell me.

Shadow1

Reaction score

Thanks so much. Gonna go check the PS fluid now. I'll try switching my front and rear tire to see if that helps me out. Just in case it is that tire. The tire rods and bushings seemed fine to me but I guess I am no expert. I'm gonna try to take it by a shop before I go to work later and see what they can tell me.

i forgot about one part. the sway bar end links. i remember when i 1st got my '90 accord i hear a clicking noise when i was driving and when i turned. would shake a lot too.

HPIM2697.JPG

if you look behind and above the tie rod end in this pic, those are the sway bar end links. if those are cracked or worn(or in my case, bushings not even there), replace them.

Back