Best place to mount radar detector.

hirichard

Reaction score
so they're only illegal in virginia, dc, and on military bases. hmmmm i learn something new everyday. i know this is off topic. but does it really help with a radar detector?

ricky2i5

Reaction score
i have a V1 mounted right under my rear view. maybe u can mount it there and tuck my wire under the roof liner.

Johnson

Reaction score
High mounting = Best for Police Radar
Low mounting = Best for Laser

pattywak

Reaction score
High mounting = Best for Police Radar
Low mounting = Best for Laser

I've heard this on many of the sites I found using google search. I understand why lower is better for laser, but why is higher better for radar?

dtraill27

Reaction score
I've heard this on many of the sites I found using google search. I understand why lower is better for laser, but why is higher better for radar?

see further down the road. mounting low for laser is because police will usually shoot at your front license plate headlight area. thankfully here in nj they arent using laser yet. **** they still use x band as a major source of radar lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
so they're only illegal in virginia, dc, and on military bases. hmmmm i learn something new everyday. i know this is off topic. but does it really help with a radar detector?

My guess is the cheapest option is don't speed(too much!)

Here it's a fine and confiscation of the unit if you get caught with it, not sure if demerit points are part of the 'package' as well.

matt_glesn

Reaction score
alot of people have it wired above the rear view mirrow i think thats the best place.. out of the way and it wont look all clutered on top of your dash

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, when i had one in my old accord and in my gti, i always had it mounted up at the top of the windshield. i had it hardwired tho too, so no wire was hanging down haha. i dont use mine anymore tho, it hasnt even been in my accord i have now, haha.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Damn still using x band?? lol When that goes off in my car, I just ignore it because no one around here uses anything crappier than Ka

slaiguy

Reaction score
wheres a good mounting spot for those in the dc area (where its illegal to have)? if im not mistaken, having one in the car isnt illegal, but having it plugged in and operating WHILE driving is illegal.

Back