"Big Three / Grounding Kit" - Improving your electrical grounds

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Did the big "two" tonight. I may have to adjust the one coming off the battery because my hood prop hits it a bit and then the wire is right up against the radiator support. I did the engine-chassis one nice and short because I didn't want the wire to be as noticeable. Once I get a hold of more wire and order the ANL fuse, I'll do the alternator.

P1010405.jpg

P1010407.jpg

Last edited:

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Looks good! How's the terminal fit?

I'm glad you asked! It fit great! I was worried it was going to be too small because there were quite a few complaints about it. I cranked it down pretty tight and by looking at it there is still a little room in between where the "clamps" meet. It's a dura-start battery, which was in the car when I bought it.

Last edited:

whitegourd

Reaction score
P1010407.jpg

I had a hard time getting the terminal bolted down on the chassis side (exactly how you have it), I'm now getting a rattling noise when I take right turns. I'll have to find another location on the chassis to bolt this down. Too bad these terminals aren't exactly flushed flat. Doesn't give me too many options on where I can bolt this to the chassis.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
I had a hard time getting the terminal bolted down on the chassis side (exactly how you have it), I'm now getting a rattling noise when I take right turns. I'll have to find another location on the chassis to bolt this down. Too bad these terminals aren't exactly flushed flat. Doesn't give me too many options on where I can bolt this to the chassis.

I sanded the area down well. I wiggled the terminal back and forth to ensure that the eye-bolt was the contact point, not another part of the terminal. It works as far as I can tell. :ugh2:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
see on the strut tower...under the shadow of the flash, to the left of that black hose, right on the corner? there's an unused, threaded hole right on the edge that should be good to go (once some paint is removed and you get a bolt for it).

whitegourd

Reaction score
see on the strut tower...under the shadow of the flash, to the left of that black hose, right on the corner? there's an unused, threaded hole right on the edge that should be good to go (once some paint is removed and you get a bolt for it).

I see what you're talking about. I'll try that out and see how well it fits.

Drift

Reaction score
Ive never seen a grounding kit make ANY power on the dyno, FWIW. And yes, we've done testing.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
does that really hold that well, without crimping them at all? id much rather do that than try to crimp these damn things. i hate it, haha.

It is much easier then you think it is. It is actually very very easy, I definitely recommend doing so.

That soldering sounds intense. I used a hammer if that matters.. haha.

Like I said, go for it man, definitely easy

Ive never seen a grounding kit make ANY power on the dyno, FWIW. And yes, we've done testing.

Its not necessarily made for the sole purpose of more engine power. This relates to helping windows and interion lights from dimmin and for those of us with upgraded amplified audio systems.

Back