BlowBy? And oil consumption

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Do you know what blow by is?? Blow by is due to failing piston rings causing oil to be forced into the crankcase after explosion in the combustion chamber.

Oil spitting out of the oil filler while the engine is running with the cap off is normal.

SO, like Greg said, stop running the engine with the oil cap off and your problem will be solved.

Oh yeah, change you oil.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So..as three of us have already stated...quit being stupid and change your oil. You're not a magic mechanic that can tell viscosity of oil by rubbing it between your fingers. It takes someone with a background in chemical analysis to determine that.

Epic Fail

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
:eekwtf: Please tell me you're kidding.

Don't act like your all that and go along with some OG's in here dude. They can burn me all they want because they have earned it, but you haven't in my opinion. Thanks...

So..as three of us have already stated...quit being stupid and change your oil. You're not a magic mechanic that can tell viscosity of oil by rubbing it between your fingers. It takes someone with a background in chemical analysis to determine that.

Epic Fail

I knew it would not take long for this side to come out of you again. A mechanic is the one that told me you can test the viscosity of oil by rubbing it between your fingers. I did not state it was the right way to test oil. I always change mine after 3,000 miles anyways. It is an epic fail when only one person in here can tell me something that I don't already know. Thanks Jmiller, I appreciate it. I just decided to make a post and decide if anyone had any ideas.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol..when you post something as absurd as this, I'm going to point it out. Has nothing to do with my attitude or ego or anything else. It's merely stating the obvious.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
lol..when you post something as absurd as this, I'm going to point it out. Has nothing to do with my attitude or ego or anything else. It's merely stating the obvious.

Not everyone knows as much as you about the F23 accord. So for a mechanic to ask these kind of questions would be absurd. I am no mechanic. I never went to school for it. It's just something I am trying to learn.

So back on the topic, I ordered supplies for an oil change from http://www.handa-accessories.com/accmaint00.html. It's a site where you can buy OEM parts for you car if you prefer.

A honda oil filter is 5$ and 5w20 oil is $3.04/qrt. Which is pretty reasonable considering its Honda brand. I think I was paying about the same buying the supplies from autozone or napa. I am doing an oil change for about 20$.

I usually used castrol or Valvoline because the quality is good and the price is pretty good also.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with "knowing" about the F23 accord. I'm no mechanic either, anything I know I gained from personal experience. This isnt as hard as you make it out to be.

Common sense > ~

Last edited:
Back