Bolt on 7.5G 6 speed dyno

SykVSyx

Reaction score
For what you spent, I would say it was worth the investment.

What will you be using to tune it with?

Sonnick

Reaction score
At this point, I'm not sure. So far there is nothing that can increase the rev limiter/tune AFR/advance timing. It's a waiting game for the DBW J series...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The AEM FIC is an issue for the 7th Gen as well, huh?

I have been reading about a few people having issue with it with their 6spd/J32 swaps in the 6th Gen's.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Yea. I mean, it does a decent job at tuning apparently. But for a 'full' tune, it doesn't do the trick. You can't increase the rev limiter or add timing, and it's just recently (within 1 year) been able to 'keep' the tune. Before, it was returning to factory settings.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I was choosing between a CL-s and Accord 6spd when I was looking for a car. I liked the Accord a little better and it was newer as well, with less miles. I'm putting down full bolt on/portwork 3.2 power at this point in a lighter shell ;)

Ahh I see. Well, nonetheless, nice numbers :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yea. I mean, it does a decent job at tuning apparently. But for a 'full' tune, it doesn't do the trick. You can't increase the rev limiter or add timing, and it's just recently (within 1 year) been able to 'keep' the tune. Before, it was returning to factory settings.

Ah, ok.

I know they have been working on some of the bugs with the FIC, so hopefully they get that done soon.

Sonnick

Reaction score
Someone on V6P is actually working with a circuit board, etc to make a new option to tune. So far it's working out pretty well. With his unit timing advance would be an option. The only thing that it wouldn't be capable of doing is increasing the rev limiter. Damnit lol.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Something is better than nothing.

Is it realistic that you could potentially get 300whp with bolt-ons and a tune, is that even your goal?

Sonnick

Reaction score
I'd say 285-290 is possible with a good tune, 300 would be pushing it strictly bolt on/tuned. If I did the TL-s cams I think it may be possible. With the Bisimoto cams and a tune I'd say 320 would be possible. Of course, that's $$. I'd love to do that, but at this point I don't plan on taking it past full bolt on/tuned.

I still need to do the timing belt/spark plugs, etc. I'd also like to get a front lip, coils, and at some point (maybe) some 18x9 RPF1s with either 245s or 255s.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I looked in to the Bisimoto cams for my swap as well, $722 for the J35 ones, so not likely to happen for me either.

Although the ultimate sleeper for your car would be to skip the wheels/lip and just go for the cams!

I would be satisifed with those types of numbers(high-200's) as well for my swap.

I'm just enjoying seeing the numbers go up with your project.

Last edited:
Back