Boshi's SSM 2001 Accord Sedan LX

boshi

Reaction score
Hey All!

After 15 years, I'm back in a 6GA! This time in a wonderful 5MT.

I purchased this car impulsively while browsing Craigslist late one night.
Saw this 1-owner, 140k mile, 5MT example with only a couple of pictures.

Facetimed the owner and within 1 week, the car was finally mine (shipped to CA from VA)
I've just been doing maintenance and giving the ol' girl some love this past week.

Body/Cosmetic:
- 2 stage paint correction and 3 year ceramic coating
- AVS window visors (need to install)
- Full 3M Ceramic IR Tint (50% Windshield, 35% Front, 15% Rear)

Engine/Performance:
- 100% bone stock
- did all the major services and flushed all fluids at 140k

Suspension:
- 100% bone stock
- Powertrix Lower Control Arms Kit (need to install)
- 10k/6k BC Racing Coilovers

Interior / ICE:
- Precision LED interior lights
- Replaced sticky plastic center console and cupholder with a non-sticky version from the Junkyard
- GROM Audio Bluetooth Audio

Future Plans:
- Install H emblem and Accord emblem
- The future plan for this thing is to keep it OEM+

Onto the photos!

Pics from the owner on the Craigslist Post:

The day she arrived:

Before paint correction and ceramic coat:

After paint correction and ceramic coat:

Most Recent photos:

Photos of my old car (2008):

CMUDaAH.jpg

lPh7xRk

Last edited:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Whip looks cleannn. Can't wait to see where you go with it! It's nice to see Accords being built and if going by your last build.... this'll be built nicely.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It is nice to see a minty stock 6GA after 90% of the others I see on the roads are beat to hell around here.

Also nice garage of other Hondas. I remember when NSX's were actually a reasonably affordable dream car...not anymore.

Last edited:

boshi

Reaction score
Thanks All! Glad to be back and great to see some familiar screen names.

I just picked up a set of OG TE37 (16x7 +42) for the Accord. Couldn't pass up the price.

Thanks @RedRyder! I bought mine in 2016, much lower than it is now, but I remember when they were about the same price as a new S2000 in 08.

boshi

Reaction score
Note: Is there a way to edit my first post to include updates?

Update 9/8/2023:

Installed AVS Outside window visors
Installed GROM Audio Bluetooth Unit to stock radio
Installed OG TE-37 16x7 +42

Installed my BC Racing Coilovers and wheels. Broke a rear sway bar end link in the process...:doh:
Still need to adjust the height.

Still need to install:
- Powertrix rear lower control arms
- SPC Rear Camber Kit
- Megan Front Upper Control Arm

Did I go too overboard on the suspension components?
How she sits below without adjustment

NjWUPDy.jpg

SRC1pSt.jpg

g0DxVkb.jpg

CBDV9d0.jpg

Last edited:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Note: Is there a way to edit my first post to include updates?

Update 9/8/2023:

Installed AVS Outside window visors
Installed GROM Audio Bluetooth Unit to stock radio
Installed OG TE-37 16x7 +42

Installed my BC Racing Coilovers and wheels. Broke a rear sway bar end link in the process...:doh:
Still need to adjust the height.

Still need to install:
- Powertrix rear lower control arms
- SPC Rear Camber Kit
- Megan Front Upper Control Arm

Did I go too overboard on the suspension components?
How she sits below without adjustment

NjWUPDy.jpg

SRC1pSt.jpg

g0DxVkb.jpg

CBDV9d0.jpg

I love the TEs. 16s with the meaty tire and with a nice drop completely transforms these cars. I'd run a 5-10mm spacer to get the wheels flush but damn does it look fresh. I still have to do the rear suspension refresh for my Accord. I got tired of wrenching on the car for almsot 3 months doing the swap so I skipped installing my Powertrix arms since I still needed to buy the SPC Rear Camber kit as well.

It's nice that your drop hasn't messed with your rear caster too much. My rear wheel is visibly not centered in the rear wheelwell, but I've heard if you mess around with the toe arms and camber arms you can manipulate the caster into place.....at least that's what's some of the stance guys on the facebook pages say.

I saw you post about HIDs or LEDs in another thread...any thoughts on doing a projector retrofit?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

boshi

Reaction score
I love the TEs. 16s with the meaty tire and with a nice drop completely transforms these cars. I'd run a 5-10mm spacer to get the wheels flush but damn does it look fresh. I still have to do the rear suspension refresh for my Accord. I got tired of wrenching on the car for almsot 3 months doing the swap so I skipped installing my Powertrix arms since I still needed to buy the SPC Rear Camber kit as well.

It's nice that your drop hasn't messed with your rear caster too much. My rear wheel is visibly not centered in the rear wheelwell, but I've heard if you mess around with the toe arms and camber arms you can manipulate the caster into place.....at least that's what's some of the stance guys on the facebook pages say.

I saw you post about HIDs or LEDs in another thread...any thoughts on doing a projector retrofit?

Why thank you! I got such a good deal on these that I couldn't resist. I was a bit worried at first since most of the threads I found were people running 17's or 18's. I used to have 17" Racing Hart C2 back in the day, but the market for them is like $3500 these days! Crazy...

I ended up ordering a set of ST Racing front and rear sway bars lol. Going to be refreshing all of the suspension components essentially.

Yeah, I was surprised that she's driving quite straight for now. I do need to get an alignment once I get the other parts installed.

I would love to do a projector retrofit, but that will be a project for way down the road. S2000 projectors are expensive these days.

Drop and wheels look great together. Nice work!

Editing old posts somehow got disabled at some point, it was discussed in this thread starting on p3 but never got resolution:
https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/site-changes.53838/page-3

Another member also just made a new thread asking about this functionality:
https://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/threads/having-trouble-editing-posts.55375/

WOW! I've always looked up to your car, since FOREVER.... so hearing this from you means alot :cool:

boshi

Reaction score
Oh- my climate control crapped out on me. based on what I could find online, it may be something as simple as re-soldering some of the capacitor points.
Hopefully, I don't need to buy a new one.

Back