Brilliant new forum idea. You can make fun of (me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie

Reaction score
I must admit, i think the idea is cool, and would cough up some funny moments, but the consensus here seems to be, No.

I would just leave it alone.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Twas just an idea to see how funny some of the other members can be.
Have plenty of replies to burn an idea, but real jokes never appear.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
A "roast" is typically when people who know you well are making fun of you or saying things they normally wouldn't to you / things other people say behind your back. It works because the people doing the roast, and the person being roasted, know each other well enough not to have hard feelings about what's said.

Few, or no, people on this board probably feel like they "know you well". Without that, it's just a bunch of **** talking and flaming, and honestly it's not really funny.

That's why everyone is saying it's not a good idea. Because the people on here who do feel like they know each other well enough for something like that, are already doing it to each other anyways. This just comes across as a grab for attention, especially when it seems like you're getting upset that people aren't paying more attention by agreeing to play along or write you a long reply why not.

"Roasts" aren't a shortcut to making friends, they are what happen once you've got them.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
A "roast" is typically when people who know you well are making fun of you or saying things they normally wouldn't to you / things other people say behind your back. It works because the people doing the roast, and the person being roasted, know each other well enough not to have hard feelings about what's said.

Few, or no, people on this board probably feel like they "know you well". Without that, it's just a bunch of **** talking and flaming, and honestly it's not really funny.

That's why everyone is saying it's not a good idea. Because the people on here who do feel like they know each other well enough for something like that, are already doing it to each other anyways. This just comes across as a grab for attention, especially when it seems like you're getting upset that people aren't paying more attention by agreeing to play along or write you a long reply why not.

thought they would jump on the idea of making fun of someone with no repercussions

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
DId I say this was going to be an exact replica of the version on television? noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

If you're going to be an asshole and try and insult me, then go ahead and ****ing do it by participating in the roast.
Make fun of my car, make fun of my posts, make fun of anything. I don't give a ****.
That's the point of the roast douchebag.

See what I mean guys?? Butthurt.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back