Car Alam questions...

ExJR1710

Reaction score
Got my car a few weeks ago and everything seems to be fine. (knock on wood)
The other night the alarm was going off...grabbed the remote and ran out, nothing had been tampered with or anything.
the car unlocks without any issues but now when i lock the car the headlights don't blink and the horn won't sound...
I purposly wait for the beep so i know the car is locked and now its just irritating that it doesn't work

any ideas? any help would be great...

Thanks, JR

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
You know what kind of alarm it is?

Any dead fuse?

Does your headlights and horn still work properly?

I would just check any visible wires to see if anything is disconnected then take it to the shop and have them check it out.

ExJR1710

Reaction score
You know what kind of alarm it is?

Any dead fuse?

Does your headlights and horn still work properly?

I would just check any visible wires to see if anything is disconnected then take it to the shop and have them check it out.

it is the stock alarm...
the headlights and horn both work and there is no bad fuses.

The alarm went off again today and i turned it off like last time...then 10 minutes later it did it again...

I really don't understand what it can be....

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
If there isn't any blown fuses then the only time the horn won't go off and the headlight won't flash while you lock it is when a hood/trunk is popped open. I'm guessing it worked before? Have you messed with anything electrical with your car?

ExJR1710

Reaction score
If there isn't any blown fuses then the only time the horn won't go off and the headlight won't flash while you lock it is when a hood/trunk is popped open. I'm guessing it worked before? Have you messed with anything electrical with your car?

it did work before...
i hard wired my radar detector recently but it worked before with it installed...
i recently unplugged the battery and when i put it back it worked once and then stoppped again...

ExJR1710

Reaction score

i already disconnected the radar but the alarm still wont make a chip when i lock it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Does the alarm light on the door still work? And is the car still randomly sounding the alarm?

What did you do to hardwire in your radar detector? Did you use one of the switched ports under the dash?

I never press the lock button twice. Hit it once and you can hear the actuators locking the doors. You can also just look at the door LED and tell if the alarm is activated. I personally find it a bit annoying when people honk their car horn for no reason.

ExJR1710

Reaction score
Does the alarm light on the door still work? And is the car still randomly sounding the alarm?

What did you do to hardwire in your radar detector? Did you use one of the switched ports under the dash?

I never press the lock button twice. Hit it once and you can hear the actuators locking the doors. You can also just look at the door LED and tell if the alarm is activated. I personally find it a bit annoying when people honk their car horn for no reason.

to be honest with you i dont think the light is workign in teh door...at least its not flashing? does that mean anything? Yes..it will still randomly turn on..not as much recently but once in a while, i am just afraid i wont hear it and the battery will be dead.

I used a wire tap and went to a wire by the driver side fuse box...but even with it disconnected the alarm chirp or lights didnt work.

i like to see/hear to know that my car is locked..i am a little ocd and when i dont hear it it makes me worry...it would be nice to have this option working again....very frustrating

Back