Car Alam questions...

ExJR1710

Reaction score
okay...i unplugged the hard wired radar detector and now the alarm chirps when i lock it...
BUT!!!
the alarm still goes off by itself for no reason!
i dont know or understand why and i am afraid this is going to kill my battery one day.
any one have any ideas other than disconnecting the alarm?

HELP!

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
when was the last time you had your battery replaced? or tested? i read somewhere once that if your battery voltage goes down to a certain % it can causes the alarm to go on.

ExJR1710

Reaction score
i have a stock hood...

I just got the car so never got the battery checked..it doesnt have a problem starting up but i will have it cheched anyway...

the alarm doesnt chirp again when locking the door!!! WTH!!! It is getting annoying, i dont know what could be wrong, maybe wiring...

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
You can always get a new alarm lol. Sometimes stock alarm goes bad. Just make sure it is by a DEI electronics company makers of viper, python, Clifford so on. They have great customer service!

Chris Vu

Reaction score
i have a stock hood...

There goes my idea, lol. My friend had a VIS hood, and it wasn't fully depressing the hood pin thing (the thing that tells your car that the hood is all the way down) so the alarm would randomly go off.

I don't think this applies to you, but my ground wire for my horn is loose, so mine wont make any noise when I arm my alarm haha. It's random, so sometimes it'll make noise and sometimes it wont.

ExJR1710

Reaction score
Had the battery checked and it was fine...

Will research the multiplex...
Couldn't find the sensor to tell me if the good was open...

ExJR1710

Reaction score
figured it out everyone!!!! YAY!!!
It was the hood sensor! I guess it happnes often so just disconnected it and everything works..if someone were to try and open my hood while it was locked they could but everything else works.
Thanks everyone for your help!

Back