Car won't start. :(

littl3monster

Reaction score
so, when u try to start up ur car, does it go "click" "click"??

or does the motor sound like it's trying to start up?

do u have any spark? u can check it by taking one spark plug out (and plug it into the spark plug wire), put it close to the valve cover and have someone try to turn on the car.. if u see spark, it's probably a fuel-related issue

there might be a very soft "click" if anything.
but the motor doesn't make a sound.
but everything electrical comes on...so everyone's saying it can't be the battery, everyone except this forum. haha.

fml.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
All you have to do is go to advance or some other car parts store and have them check yur battery, they wont charge you for the test.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Thats why we are saying tap the starter with a hammer..it will create a temporary fix..and if it starts,then its the starter.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread but have you checked your battery terminals?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
there might be a very soft "click" if anything.
but the motor doesn't make a sound.
but everything electrical comes on...so everyone's saying it can't be the battery, everyone except this forum. haha.

fml.

Try jumping your solenoid, this is between the small post and the large post. But then again, You cant test your starter with a multimeter unless you have an amperage tester and two people.

You can test with a multimeter but its complicated and u need to be familiar with Ohms law, because ur looking for a measurment in amps not volts.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't read the whole thread but have you checked your battery terminals?

Seriously, read the thread.

It's an automatic 99 accord coupe.

Then wouldn't start when I stopped at the gas station...
so I noticed some corrosion on the battery...got rid of that.
Then magically it started.
Until it did 3 more times that day...then finally just wouldn't start for sh!t once I got back home.
I had two people come try to jump it off...thinking it was the battery,
but nothing happened.

Starter, I'm thinking?
If so, how the hell do I replace that?
:(

Replace your battery. :furious: Take it to autozone and have them test the amperage.

if her battery is dead, how come when she tried to jump the car TWICE it didnt work?

I tried for 30mins each time I got it jumped,
tightened the connections, cleaned them, everything.
Also, when the cables were connected...sparks flew when the dumbass touched the two ends together. Obviously there's some power right?

I'm installing a new starter in the morning,
if that doesn't solve the problem tomorrow then I'll go with the battery.

This happened to me 2 weeks ago, heavy corrosion on the battery, and car wouldn't start exactly like you described.

Turns out the starter motor, AND the battery were both dead. Coincidence apparently, but yeah. I replaced both and everythings ok.

haha yea, seriously. idk why people are insisting its the battery. the car would jump start if it was just the battery that was dead.

Back