-=[ CCFL Ftw! ]=-

srikid

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay but here are some pics of the finished project(HID retrofit and LED strips)

here is a picture of the parking lights. They look like CCFLs in this pic but they look more like the AUDIs in real life.

TBD268.jpg

HID Reftrofit

TBD277.jpg

Headlights on

TBD279.jpg

both sides look like this in real life but could get a good pic of both.

TBD280.jpg

TBD283.jpg

I also switched to LED tails at the same time
TBD292.jpg

These pics dont really do the lights any justice so I will try to take some better ones at a later time.

matty2013

Reaction score
Ive been taking a peak at this thread every so often, pretty cool ideas in here. I had a question for those of you with the LED strips; How did you mount them? Could you maybe take some pics from the back side of the housing to show how you mounted them?

I mounted mine directly onto the chrome reflector in the parking light opening. the 9.5" strip fits perfect

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
right, but how did you mount them. As in what did you use? And also, does the 9.5in strip fill the whole parking light strip when lit? In the pictures it looks like the bigger strip cut down to size fits better. thanks for answering, by the way.

nexTOme

Reaction score
omgosh........so many noobs with OT questions......

no one ever bother to search n e more? :madrun:

d1blet

Reaction score
Why don't you pick up 2 flexible led strips, put them in the parking light section, and run the wires to something that is on when the car is on (not sure exactly, seen and heard of it but never done it).

It would be easy if our cars actually had DRLs, we could just replace it...but our cars don't.

sirkid has got it going on. Thats kinda of the look I'm going for.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
It would be easy if our cars actually had DRLs, we could just replace it...but our cars don't.

sirkid has got it going on. Thats kinda of the look I'm going for.
Well you could always pick up a Canadian model. For some reason their versions have DRLs

matty2013

Reaction score
right, but how did you mount them. As in what did you use? And also, does the 9.5in strip fill the whole parking light strip when lit? In the pictures it looks like the bigger strip cut down to size fits better. thanks for answering, by the way.

I used 3M double sided tape, it came with the light strips. The 9.5 fits the exact width of the widest point inside the chrome reflector, as in the piece that unscrews off the back of the housing.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay but here are some pics of the finished project(HID retrofit and LED strips)

here is a picture of the parking lights. They look like CCFLs in this pic but they look more like the AUDIs in real life.

HID Reftrofit

Headlights on

both sides look like this in real life but could get a good pic of both.

I also switched to LED tails at the same time

These pics dont really do the lights any justice so I will try to take some better ones at a later time.
Dude, that is sick. You just gave me a visual idea of what i wanna do to my car now.

Back