-=[ CCFL Ftw! ]=-

HaloCoupe

Reaction score
Gr8 Thread...
Quick questions because i am a lighting noob

1. If i have an alarm will LEDs burn out from them flashing

2. How do you wire the LED rope if it need to be cut ?

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
you are gonna git PULLDOVA!!!!!

lol.

Nah, luckily NY law allows amber, red, and white for turn signals. My brother-in-law was a cop until about a year ago so he gave me the lowdown on some of the auto laws (at least the ones that he had a feeling I was gonna somehow break lol).

AFAccord

Reaction score
Nah, luckily NY law allows amber, red, and white for turn signals. My brother-in-law was a cop until about a year ago so he gave me the lowdown on some of the auto laws (at least the ones that he had a feeling I was gonna somehow break lol).

He's referring to the blue lights. Nothing legal about that.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
He's referring to the blue lights. Nothing legal about that.

Word, and I think your wrong about the turn signals too............

Federal DOT law mandates that front turn signal bulbs be amber in color when lit.

Turn signal lamps.................
At or near the front--1
amber on each side of the
vertical centerline, at
the same height, and as
far apart as practicable.
On the rear--1 red or
amber on each side of the
vertical centerline, at
the same height, and as
far apart as practicable.

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ya dude.. the blue will cost you :(
I'd take it out.
I called the Oklahoma authorities, and they told me that for rear red or amber is legal for turn signals, and front either white or amber. No other colors besides those.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Ya dude.. the blue will cost you :(
I'd take it out.
I called the Oklahoma authorities, and they told me that for rear red or amber is legal for turn signals, and front either white or amber. No other colors besides those.

What I was saying was that federal DOT laws mandates that FRONT turn signals be amber in color. Parking lights may be white (eg Mazda 6) but because our turn signals and parking lights are the same lamp, they must be amber.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Ooo see that's where I've fooled all of you. Those beauties are Switchbacks. White when running lights but switchs to blinking amber when turning, like so:

3157whiteamber.gif

There are 2 differences however. The above is the 20 LED model, I went for the 30 SMT LED (glad I did, it looks nicer). And the second is that when I have my parking lights (or parking and headlights) on, the blinking is actually back and forth with the white, so it's basically white-amber-white-amber-white-amber.... looks really nice like that too, makes it easier to notice when it's 2 colors blinking back and forth. In other words, just look back and forth between these 2 pics and you'll get the idea:

DSC04725.jpg

DSC04730.jpg

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Nah, I got resistors on each side so they blink at the standard rate.

Back