-=[ CCFL Ftw! ]=-

dynasty

Reaction score
i know someone from v6p done the LED tail lights for the coupe. not sure for the sedan since they sell aftermarket LED tail lights. i plan to do my OEM ones in the summer though. trying to make it look like the BMW style tail lights. i'll get nikita (russianred) to help me.

bmwtaillightum2.jpg

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
i know someone from v6p done the LED tail lights for the coupe. not sure for the sedan since they sell aftermarket LED tail lights. i plan to do my OEM ones in the summer though. trying to make it look like the BMW style tail lights. i'll get nikita (russianred) to help me.

bmwtaillightum2.jpg

Yeah dude, we should definitely do up led-tail project. I think it would look really sweet. Especially if we took the tails apart, and made out own LED circuit boards, soldered them. then put them in. It wouldn't be too hard to do in theory. We could pull it off well in practice.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Ahhh!!! I still can't decide whether I want the White or Amber led strips in there..... i want to order them but I keep flip-flopping. :squintrun:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
When I take my lights apart again, I'm going to put in the white ones.. but for your car I think that amber would look really good, especially if you still have the orange strips in your lights.

GoldnKnight22

Reaction score
Either way, I think I'm going to take out the amber strips when I put in the LEDs. You really think the LED's would look good shining through the strips instead of standing alone kind of like the Audi drl's?

I think srikid's look absolutely sick. But at the same time it would be nice to keep the parking lights amber, but just look better than stock. So I don't know.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
I ended up buying blue led strips that I plan on putting in eventually (broken oven and don't feel like going out and buying a heat gun for just this). But what I did end up doing was putting a 5 LED bulb in the parking lights and going for 30 SMT LED Switchbacks for the corners and I gotta tell ya, I wasn't expecting the Switchbacks to be this bright :thumbup:

Midnight, no lamp posts nearby and just the corner and parking lights on!
DSC04754.jpg

(p.s. sorry for the crappy quality)

GoldnKnight22

Reaction score
Cool. LDawg, you gotta get some better pics man. I can't tell what they really look like at all. lol.

Back