Check out my ride!!!

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
is that a SRT4 RIM....and your car is a 4 cyl rigth ?? because you have 4 lug...and nice rice..but i dont like the rim thought.16 look to small for the car...is taht 16 or 17 and i love your mugen lip kit !!

Yea it's a 4 cyl.....suck but i gotta work wid what i have...thanks btw. And yes it is 16's just waiting till i have to get new tires and will prob go with 17's or 18's....depending on the deal....have a buddy working at a tire shop so hopefully i'll get the hook up when time comes around. Oh and the rims arent SRT4 rims.....got them a while before the SRT4 came out....have them almost like 6-7 yrs now.....lol.....time to upgrade right? lol

f23accord2000

Reaction score
Re: New Member Here check out my ride!!!

I LOVE the MSD man. It def give you an extra kick along with all the other upgrades. They say that it adds 15% hp to what you already have. I have raced my buddy with a v6 and although he beats me every time i always keep up with him....he probly wins by a car length or so. But so far no problem although i am getting a bit of, what looks like oil comin from the distributor cap. I have already replaced the o ring but i think it may just be the seal. So what happened with urs?

the oil is coming from the valve cover gasket, i had the same problem also and i changed the gasket and it has never came back

white beauty

Reaction score
well basically, the first time i started the car right after it was put in was the first and only time it started up quickly and idled smooth, i was loving it, then the nxet day i went to go to work and i had to crank my car at least 6 times before it started, then on my way home from work i was doing about 60 and my car just shut off , thankfully i got it started back up again in about 10 mins, and went home, then the next day i was leaving from work again and the car just woudnt start no matter how manny times i cranked it, had to have it towed to honda were they said my ignition wires were fried and the whole ignition had to be done, thankfully i know a few people there and they gave me a big discount, it would have been over a grand to fix without the discount, ive never heard of this problem happening with an accord, but when i was reading reviews about the product it happened to alot of american cars, so maybe i was just unlucky.

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
well basically, the first time i started the car right after it was put in was the first and only time it started up quickly and idled smooth, i was loving it, then the nxet day i went to go to work and i had to crank my car at least 6 times before it started, then on my way home from work i was doing about 60 and my car just shut off , thankfully i got it started back up again in about 10 mins, and went home, then the next day i was leaving from work again and the car just woudnt start no matter how manny times i cranked it, had to have it towed to honda were they said my ignition wires were fried and the whole ignition had to be done, thankfully i know a few people there and they gave me a big discount, it would have been over a grand to fix without the discount, ive never heard of this problem happening with an accord, but when i was reading reviews about the product it happened to alot of american cars, so maybe i was just unlucky.

Hmmm well my car kinda did the same as yous.....as the first couple times i started it. It would start after a few cranks then i would rev it....then when i came back down to 2000 rpms it would shut off. My buddy (who is a mechanic) was there with me and said that it was normal cuz the car was just basically resetting and adjusting to the new spark. But after it adjusted i have had no problems....just a leak from the distributor cap....which i think is due to the seal. One question though.....when u put in the MSD in ur car did you also upgrade the spark plug wires? Cuz that is a very crutial step. Maybe (if you didnt do it) that is why it messed up ur ignition. Because of the MSD and the amount of....dont know the word.....mmm conductivity needed the wires needed to be upgraded as well. I also went as far as replacing my spark plugs as well.

white beauty

Reaction score
yeah i had my wires changed to bosch wires and i have NGK iridium plugs, the shop that installed it said that should work, after everything was said and done though, after honda put the new ignition in, i looked at my wires and saw that last wire, closest to the drivers side, was half burned away, dont even know how my car was starting and driving, the msd ignition not only fried my ignition wires but burned my spark plugwires, so i had to spend even more money on oem wires and i just went back to oem plugs as well, turns out thier NGK, but i dont know man, i just have serious bad luck like about a week ago, i went to paint my valve cover, and cracked three of my bolts, thankfully the damn cover is so tight on there that there is no leak, and when i went to put my intake in, the new K&N filter i bought fell off the table i had it on and i steped on it crushing it, so i had to sepnd another 50 for that, all in all i just have bad luck when it comes to modding my car lol

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
yeah i had my wires changed to bosch wires and i have NGK iridium plugs, the shop that installed it said that should work, after everything was said and done though, after honda put the new ignition in, i looked at my wires and saw that last wire, closest to the drivers side, was half burned away, dont even know how my car was starting and driving, the msd ignition not only fried my ignition wires but burned my spark plugwires, so i had to spend even more money on oem wires and i just went back to oem plugs as well, turns out thier NGK, but i dont know man, i just have serious bad luck like about a week ago, i went to paint my valve cover, and cracked three of my bolts, thankfully the damn cover is so tight on there that there is no leak, and when i went to put my intake in, the new K&N filter i bought fell off the table i had it on and i steped on it crushing it, so i had to sepnd another 50 for that, all in all i just have bad luck when it comes to modding my car lol

hmmm interesting....but im a bit conused. Did you have the MSD Coil, cap AND ignition box (dont think you can run msd coil without the msd box....not sure)? The other thing is was the bosch wires thicker than the oem ones. Cuz the MSD needs much thicker wire to run properly. Oh and that suck with the whole K&N thing.

white beauty

Reaction score
i only ahd the iginition box, not the coil or the cap, maybe that was the problem who knows

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
i only ahd the iginition box, not the coil or the cap, maybe that was the problem who knows

Dude....that was the prob right there!!! the stock coil and cap cant handle all of that..........hence all the problems. If you still have the box, you should def put it in man cuz the cap and the coil is relatively cheap.....the cap prob about 40-50 and the coil you can get one for about 50 bucks as well. IMO it's welllll worth a try again man......doin it the right way this time. Dont know the shop you went to but they should have told you that before they put the box alone in that it would have fudged up ur ignition and that you would have also had to upgrade the coil and the cap. Damn bro.....like i said......i LOVE that thing!! Plus you can def feel the additional power it makes....MSD claims that the set up adds 15% onto the hp that you have......and i do believe them. Plus it takes a tank of gas sooooo much longer to burn up......gas milages goes way up.......just give it a thought again that's all im sayin. :)

Latest posts

Back