Chrispy's Upstate Coupe (99 EX w/5spd ULEV) - 56k

Reaction score
Looks bad. But thank goodness you are ok. At least it can be fixed. Good thing your car didnt total. Thats what happens if you cant get off the highway!

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
huge shame that happened.. the exact same thing happened with my mom's Camry a few weeks ago. Hopefully your insurance is able to help out a bit.
But moving on, welcome to the site! Any plans for engine mods other than basic bolt ons? Nothing against that, just curious

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Looks bad. But thank goodness you are ok. At least it can be fixed. Good thing your car didnt total. Thats what happens if you cant get off the highway!
huge shame that happened.. the exact same thing happened with my mom's Camry a few weeks ago. Hopefully your insurance is able to help out a bit.
But moving on, welcome to the site! Any plans for engine mods other than basic bolt ons? Nothing against that, just curious
Thanks for the kind words, guys. No idea how or why it happened since I know for a fact it was secure... a good friend's mom got the thought that "..maybe it happened to prevent something even worse from happening further down the road" so I've been going with that :thumbsup: Insurance was no help. Liability is all that's necessary here in NJ so, being the broke student I am, that's all I have. I was able to source a brand new windshield and have it professionally installed; all for under $200! It helps to know people.

In regards to performance mods; no, I don't have much planned besides what I listed :sad: My goal at the moment is to keep the car as lightweight, quick, and comfortable/practical as possible. They all sound like contradicting ideas, but as long as I respect my wallet and my creature comforts, I think I'm in a good place with that list! If the money was there though, I would definitely be interested in a possible turbo build or H-swap.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Finally found some time to spoil my babe last night..

4800ca38-f874-43af-8089-0aa4c61bf8be_zpsc649e381.jpg

Broken in nicely, and I couldn't be happier with the quality. Only got around to doing the fronts because I ran out of daylight after work (hence the crappy pic). Will do rears tonight if I have time. Also have a couple new motor mounts, an exhaust hanger, quick release setup, new valve cover and the TL-S RSB that still need to go on as well. All in due time! Next on my list are an upgraded alarm and those DIY blackhousings.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Nice upgrade! I need to black house my headlights too. U gonna do the retros too?
Thanks! Definitely interested in doing the Morimoto retro once the funds are right, but that time is not now haha. If it wasn't for the hood fiasco I would've totally been able to afford it too :furious: I guess I'm gonna have to go ahead and end up opening them twice

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Sedan front end conversion - complete! First page updated.

Big thanks goes out to Rob who is lurking somewhere on this forum, for the parts and huge help with the install, BlackestCoupe for opening my eyes to the fact that this was even possible, and every other person who posted in any of the 6 trillion threads I looked through while trying to figure out how to fix my front end.

Now that that huge eyesore is taken care of, and my two front tires are replaced, I can get back to my regularly scheduled maintenance/modification....

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Haven't really done much in terms of modification since I've been working 40+ a week... plus, DST and the crappy weather we've had here in Jersey take a lot away from modding time. Want to take this time to thank Accord2Slow for all his help with some of the problems I've been having with the car, and the sick sub! I've been getting loads of compliments on the sound lol.

In terms of plans for the near future, my list is as follows:

-Fix crank sensor CEL
-Replace eBay header/downpipe with OEM (fitment is horrible, keeps leaking and destroying the #11 hanger in the exhaust parts diagram)
-Rear tires
-Spark plugs, wires, dizzy, cap, & rotor
-TL-S rear sway bar & hardware
-Fix E brake issues

And once all that's done, I'll head over to Firestone to get signed up for Lifetime Alignments. Should be around the time my income tax return comes in, too. What I'm not throwing into my apartment fund will go toward a lightened flywheel & a set of coilovers to replace my stock suspension.. especially since I'm not sure if it will last through another season of these AWFUL roads up here.

I have big plans for this car once all that is out of the way, but being 20 and basically having to support myself besides shelter and health insurance really puts a dent in my modding funds. PRIORITIES. Hopefully I have some more good news for you guys next time I post and not another wild story about a window smashing or something crazy like that.

PlowingLeaves!

Reaction score
Hey I knew I recognized your name! A fellow hondasociety member! Looks like we both turned over to 6th gens! Car looks great already.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Hey I knew I recognized your name! A fellow hondasociety member! Looks like we both turned over to 6th gens! Car looks great already.
The best forum I've been a part of so far, not to knock on these guys.. Hell yeah though, I love my 6th gen so far! Much fewer problems than the 5th. What was your s/n on HondaSociety? And thank you by the way

Back