Chrispy's Upstate Coupe (99 EX w/5spd ULEV) - 56k

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Contact Better Business Bureau, your insurance provider, and take lots of pictures. If the latch is still in the factory latch retainer, and you can see the tear on the upper portion of the carbon fiber hood, then you my friend will have an easy case! And thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to stick with my favorite guys, VIS.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
Contact Better Business Bureau, your insurance provider, and take lots of pictures. If the latch is still in the factory latch retainer, and you can see the tear on the upper portion of the carbon fiber hood, then you my friend will have an easy case! And thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to stick with my favorite guys, VIS.
Wow, looks like I'm pretty much set then haha. Let's see what progress the guys at the store have made with the company. They are calling them again today. If I don't like what I hear, I'm taking things into my own hands.
Damn that sucks! Hopefully you get everything situated and glad everyone was ok

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk
thanks man, hopefully sooner than later too. We're coming up on 10 days..

Anyway, I took advantage of my car being off the road and the absolutely beautiful weather NJ has been having lately and replaced my full exhaust from the header back, got some fresh coolant & oil in her, installed a new downstream Denso o2 sensor & replaced my head unit and tuned my sub. I took her for a less-than-legal spin around the neighborhood and she's never ridden and sounded better... why cant these clowns get back to me already?!?! :mad::mad:

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
:hide:
Steering wheel is getting replaced by a quick release setup as soon as I can pass inspection lol. But that's my new HU, exhaust, and ride height.. prob gonna tint my tails and parking lights too. That red is starting to look a litttttle too bright for my liking. Full ebay exhaust sounds amazing and fits perfectly. Just goes to show.. DO YOUR RESEARCH. Don't just buy whatever pops up when you click "lowest price first".

20140414_180632_zpsp4eygzsc.jpg
664453cb-1cdc-4fdf-870a-96cd8245f9af_zps67f063a1.jpg

Next on the maintenence list are to replace my radiator ASAP (it looks like an orange play-doh took a crap inside) and get a new battery since this one cant hold a charge to save its life. I also have a seized rear LCA so I'm gonna try and get some adjustables put on back there soon as well, as well as a Wicked Tuning or Ingalls camber kit.

Last edited:

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
After replacing my radiator and hoses, I started having stalling issues. What I thought was a dirty IACV ended up being my timing. So instead of getting that done on this F23A4, I went ahead and got a jump start on my F23A swap. Was planning on doing it anyway eventually, but I need my DD back on the road ASAP so I went ahead and got the ball rolling on that. Expenses for this job will consist of:

F23A from JDMenginedepot
Timing belt/water pump
Motor mounts
NGK spark plugs
Exedy OEM clutch
Brute Power OEM flywheel
New knock sensor
Synthetic 5w30
Truck rental to transport the engine
Installation

Perfect timing, considering I'm going to California next week lol :sarcasm: Hopefully we don't run into any complications.

Last edited:

accord2slow

Reaction score
What's up. I just got back from cali. I'm moving there in aug. Glad to see your keeping your car. I just did the same swap to a buddy's accord and I'm gonna pick one up for mine before I leave. Good luck with everything

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
What's up. I just got back from cali. I'm moving there in aug. Glad to see your keeping your car. I just did the same swap to a buddy's accord and I'm gonna pick one up for mine before I leave. Good luck with everything
Nice man, that sounds awesome. Good luck too you too! Should be back on the road before I head out to Cali myself.
Anything ever get resolved on that hood issue?
I was able to get a full refund from the store that sold me the hood, but I'm left high and dry in terms of the windshield. Also, the BBB complaint did absolutely nothing. The company never responded to the claim, so basically its just like a they bad ebay review or something and that's the end of it.

danmccormick87

Reaction score
No, that's good, take the BBB report to a lawyer, and you now have grounds and more proof for a legal suit to sue for lawyer, court, and repair costs :beer: It's just the first step in the process.

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
No, that's good, take the BBB report to a lawyer, and you now have grounds and more proof for a legal suit to sue for lawyer, court, and repair costs :beer: It's just the first step in the process.
You know... I will be in Cali this upcoming week... maybe I should stop in before I do all that? But either way, that sounds like a great idea. I appreciate your help Dan!!

In swap related news, all the stuff is at the guys house. Motor, accessories, and the shell. Will be dropped in and complete by the end of the weekend! But I'll be back from Cali on the 4th. So I'm hoping he'll have broken her in a bit by then! I'll have more updates as they come :)

Back