clanking noise

truWarier02

Reaction score
I get that when I go over imperfections or mini bumps on the road. It seems like it's the spring on the coilovers that's moving around but I'm not sure... it bugs me. But some days, I can't hear it at all when going over imperfections.. so weird.. It's located in the drivers side.

Today while it was "clunking" I felt it around the pedal area when I happened to apply the brake randomly.

I had my driver side endlink of the front sway replaced a couple weeks ago but that didn't help.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
what?

if you turn the radio up, the clank will go away.

:lawl:
it does :lawl:

i'm moving to amps that require about a minute to warm up before being playing music...that will be a long minute :lawl:
I get that when I go over imperfections or mini bumps on the road. It seems like it's the spring on the coilovers that's moving around but I'm not sure... it bugs me. But some days, I can't hear it at all when going over imperfections.. so weird.. It's located in the drivers side.

Today while it was "clunking" I felt it around the pedal area when I happened to apply the brake randomly.

I had my driver side endlink of the front sway replaced a couple weeks ago but that didn't help.
its over EVERY imperfection unless it's a gradual "dip." every pothole, concrete roads makes the noise constant...ugh.

Stile442

Reaction score
Mine is doing this too. It started when I did my springs and shocks but I've checked everything and even had a shop check the car too. Everything looks ok. I'm interested to see if someone figures it out. The spring moving around the shock sounds interesting though.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
what was your new suspension setup? pretty worrying if a shop can't figure it out.

i dont know if its a bad strut or what...the car rides fine...

Namboyz

Reaction score
im having noise issues too at times with my GC coilovers. is that normal? its only on bad imperfections. usually theres nothing wrong with it

Namboyz

Reaction score
cant find it. well what ive been trying to do is turn the spring on the coil to where the noise will lessen or go away. its only making noise in the rear for me

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
no updates on my issue...haven't driven the car for almost a week now.

i should be able to check it out again sometime this week. everything people suggest as being the culprit turns out to be OK :run:

AccordSeats4

Reaction score
Same issues here. I need a new car. I think it might be my upper control arms. (Not trying to hijack the thread) Is there any aftermarket parts for these or just OEM?

Last edited:
Back