Clean Exhaust options?

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
If you're going for pure performance, OEM mufflers of any kind will impede your performance. Get a set of magnaflow straight throughs, custom mandrel piping, and a nice magnaflow resonator to muffle the sound. Then slap on what ever kind of tips you want. I have S2K tips because they look nice :)

If you don't care about performance, pick up any OEM muffler behind a exhaust shop in the trash.

oneloudaccord

Reaction score
er... Don't know if this would benefit or anything, but I have a resonator pipe from the Apexi WS 2 exhaust that i've been wanting to sell... just never got around to posting it on here for sale...

swollen_cu

Reaction score
The 05-06 Rsx type s mufflers actually flow pretty well combined with header and highflowcat/test pipe.

Just get some custom 2.25 inch piping with a resonator or 2 on it to avoid being raspy.

I had an Rsx muffler with custom piping but failed to put a resonator on and it sounded great below 3k. Anything over that and it sounded like bees in a can.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
... still dont' know why you would ever want to get a set of OEM mufflers..... they're designed with sound muffling in mind, and not performance. If you cut one open, you'll see how terrible they are for performance.

And 2.25".... ewwwww..... I wouldn't pay to have "custom" 2.25". I rather just pick up a set of magnaflow 15640 dual exhaust system @ 2.5" for $430 and call it a day. All SS, looks great, sounds good. Much cheaper than a "custom" 2.25".

Seriously though, if you want to go OEM mufflers again, just go behind a exhaust shop, and pick up some from a dumpster. That's all they're worth anyways for performance purposes.

Now if you're planning on going for boost, then you shouldn't get anything until you can truly do it right. You pay cheap, you pay twice.

naoandlata

Reaction score
IMG_7361.jpg

Heres my accord with AP1 S2000 muffler. It reminds me of the RSR Exmag exhaust. It hangs low due to the design of the bumper. The inlet is the same 2" as the stock piping.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
... still dont' know why you would ever want to get a set of OEM mufflers..... they're designed with sound muffling in mind, and not performance. If you cut one open, you'll see how terrible they are for performance.

And 2.25".... ewwwww..... I wouldn't pay to have "custom" 2.25". I rather just pick up a set of magnaflow 15640 dual exhaust system @ 2.5" for $430 and call it a day. All SS, looks great, sounds good. Much cheaper than a "custom" 2.25".

Seriously though, if you want to go OEM mufflers again, just go behind a exhaust shop, and pick up some from a dumpster. That's all they're worth anyways for performance purposes.

Now if you're planning on going for boost, then you shouldn't get anything until you can truly do it right. You pay cheap, you pay twice.

2.5" on a f23? no torque much? IMO 2.5 is overkill for our cars.

Latest posts

Back