Clean Exhaust options?

sodaks2k

Reaction score
... still dont' know why you would ever want to get a set of OEM mufflers..... they're designed with sound muffling in mind, and not performance. If you cut one open, you'll see how terrible they are for performance.

Because not all of us want to drive around annoying other drivers with our 2.5" droning dual exhaust.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I'm providing an option for people who are truly interested in performance and going to boost. The guy said he's going to do an engine swap, and what is the point of getting a "custom" 2.25" pipping? You might as well keep you stock exhaust.

I've owned several 2.5" systems, and they are NOT annoying if you purchase or build the correct setup. With correct length of resonator on the system, you should not have any issues with droning or loud annoyance.

Like the OP said, he's looking for a "decent" setup with his new motor. My options are definitely more feasible than swapping one restrictive OEM muffler for another. If accord owners do choose to swap OEM mufflers, then we might as well just save the money and just get an exhaust tip and be done with it. All this talk about how certain Honda OEM mufflers flows better than another is just foolish.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f32/anatomy-s2000-muffler-267015/

Here is a pic on the inside of a S2000 muffler. How does that NOT rob power? AND s2000s are the Performance car of the honda brand, and look how restrictive that looks.

Finally, you want to have a free flowing exhaust when possible, and you don't want to go too large on the piping. Yes 2.5" may be too large on an stock setup, but the OP isn't going to run a stock setup. I doubt he'll stop at just an engine swap either. So you might as well spend the money correctly, and do it right the first time.

For some strange reason, recently everyone is recommending putting another car's OEM exhaust system as a replacement option. That's just rubbish for performance enthusiasts.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
Like the OP said, he's looking for a "decent" setup with his new motor.

He also said he wants something that sounds like stock, hence an OEM muffler.

umm my question is that im getting an F20b swap and i want a new exhaust. I do NOT want an exhaust that is loud, matter of fact id rather have one that sounds the same as stock but just looks clean

If accord owners do choose to swap OEM mufflers, then we might as well just save the money and just get an exhaust tip and be done with it. All this talk about how certain Honda OEM mufflers flows better than another is just foolish.

You do realize that even with a "great" exhaust we'll be lucky to get a whopping 5hp from an exhaust right? Something no one is ever going to feel.

Here is a pic on the inside of a S2000 muffler. How does that NOT rob power? AND s2000s are the Performance car of the honda brand, and look how restrictive that looks.

The S2000 has no torque, hence the "restrictive" muffler that induces backflow which helps create torque. No backpressure=less torque.

Finally, you want to have a free flowing exhaust when possible, and you don't want to go too large on the piping. Yes 2.5" may be too large on an stock setup, but the OP isn't going to run a stock setup. I doubt he'll stop at just an engine swap either. So you might as well spend the money correctly, and do it right the first time.

An f20 is similar to an H22 which are similar to the f20c, no torque. See above about backpressure. Also, those 3 engines hardly responde to most bolt-ons.

For some strange reason, recently everyone is recommending putting another car's OEM exhaust system as a replacement option. That's just rubbish for performance enthusiasts.

Reread my second response in this post.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
sodaks2k said:
He also said he wants something that sounds like stock, hence an OEM muffler.

umm my question is that im getting an F20b swap and i want a new exhaust. I do NOT want an exhaust that is loud, matter of fact id rather have one tha

If accord owners do choose to swap OEM mufflers, then we might as well just save the money and just get an exhaust tip and be done with it. All this

You do realize that even with a "great" exhaust we'll be lucky to get a whopping 5hp from an exhaust right? Something no one is ever going to feel.

Here is a pic on the inside of a S2000 muffler. How does that NOT rob

The S2000 has no torque, hence the "restrictive" muffler that induces backflow which helps create torque. No backpressure=less torque.

Finally, you want to have a free flowing exhaust when possible, and you don't want to go too large on the piping. Yes 2.5" may be too large on an sto

An f20 is similar to an H22 which are similar to the f20c, no torque. See above about backpressure. Also, those 3 engines hardly responde to most bolt-ons.

For some strange reason, recently everyone is recommending putting another car's OEM exhaust system as a replacement option. That's just rubbish for

Reread my second response in this post.

Thank you!

payndew

Reaction score
Im not looking for mind boggling performance, for those of you who support my idea thanks, But the truth is our cars are SLOW, Even with my f20 id' prolly lose to most V6's and thats a fact. Lets just say i want an exhaust that says my car isnt stock, but Ms.Bargochivitz next door wont have her pies flying out the window when i pass by is just cruel and obnoxious...LOL that cracked me up.. anyways guys I want a clean exhaust, with a clean tone and a NON-RICER look, because we all know that those 6th gens arent even on here. :Starwars:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
payndew said:
Im not looking for mind boggling performance, for those of you who support my idea thanks, But the truth is our cars are SLOW, Even with my f20 id' prolly lose to most V6's and thats a fact. Lets just say i want an exhaust that says my car isnt stock, but Ms.Bargochivitz next door wont have her pies flying out the window when i pass by is just cruel and obnoxious...LOL that cracked me up.. anyways guys I want a clean exhaust, with a clean tone and a NON-RICER look, because we all know that those 6th gens arent even on here. :Starwars:

Just get an apexi ws2 than. Or a greddy sp2. You'll be happy with that

Back