Coilovers - decisions

theaccordian

Reaction score
the trouble is that you have to twist the WHOLE shock body, not just some collar lock. so this means you have to remove the shock from the chassis either from the top or the bottom. Ive only adjusted height twice, so Im sure it gets easier. its not that hard just take off the top nuts off that attach the shock to the body, loosen the collar lock, adjust (twist left-up, right -down) then stick the threads back through the holes and retighten the nuts.

shouldnt take any component installer (not me) more than 1-2 hours.

Also omnipower didnt do this just to piss you off, there's a reason, the reason is to allow you to adjust height and not to change spring preload (springs are under the same load which mean car rides the same, no matter if youre dumped or stock height).

theaccordian

Reaction score
maybe thisll give you a better idea:

step 1: remove shock from top or bottom ( I find the top as much easier)

step2: use the spring perch tool to loosen the collar lock

step 3: twist to adjust (left up, right down)

step 4: reinstall

DSC01841.jpg

Quinchu

Reaction score
Erm, I just checked on V6P for the omnipower coilovers, and saw that they're about to go on back order.. Said they have 7-8 left, does that mean that they won't be selling them for our accords anymore? ;-;

Anyways, I'm gonna keep an eye on that topic, and see if anything comes of it, if it does then I have my plastic to buy it for me!

Don't want something they're not gonna support anymore ya know?

theaccordian

Reaction score
I wouldnt use the V6pstore as the final say as to what is good for the accord and what isnt. It is a business.

Quinchu

Reaction score
Ah, I know that its there business, but theres no word on the Omnipowerusa site that they're going to stop making them. So maybe its just V6p trying to pull more business eh?

Either way, I'm going to be waiting for more comments. I like to hear peoples opinion on this since its such a touchy subject.. Everyone has their own likes.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
It might just be that one seller for V6P that is running out of the product and doesn't feel like reordering them until he gets more buyers...

But i have two friends with omni's, i don't think they have any complaints about them at all besides the raising and lowering part...one has about 3 1/2 inch drop front and back and the other has about 3" since he has 19's...ride is not the best but it isn't supposed to be with them

accordj30guy

Reaction score
Take it from someone who has had both suspension set ups the Omni power and the Tein SS coilovers. I first went with the Omni power due to the price and good reviews, however after putting them on I started hearing clucking in the rear of my 6th gen accord coupe. I contacted Omni and they finally admitted it was due to a defect in their product. Bascially what was happening is that the shock collar was too wide and was hitting on the sway bar end linkage. I wasn't too happy about this but they said they were working on a fix and would get me out the fix when it was completed - about 3-4 months. I actually loved the suspension - however the suspension was way way way too stiff for my blood. I was driving in the city and hit a tiny pot hole and if felt like my car was going to fall apart. Also when I was driving down the highway around my town I could feel all of the imperfections in the road and if you hit a bump in the highway ....forget about it - it feels like your riding a rollercoaster. But with stiffness comes performance - so its up to what you are looking for. I ended up switching to the Tein SS coilovers for 900 shipped to my door and Omni power re-imbursed me back the money I spent. I have had the Teins for about 6 months now - and the suspension is very quiet - just like stock and I can adjust the dampering to my liking - something I couldn't get from the Omni's. I don't regret making the switch.

By the way - the defect in the Omni coilovers are only for the 6th gen accord COUPE - not the sedan.

i HOPE THIS HELPS YA.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
accordj30guy said:
By the way - the defect in the Omni coilovers are only for the 6th gen accord COUPE - not the sedan.

i HOPE THIS HELPS YA.

That doesnt even make sense, suspension is the same.

accordj30guy

Reaction score
Email from Bob @ Omni Power

Ok, since it doesn't make sense to you - I have attached his email in reponse to the clunking noise. The only thing I can think of is the location of the endlinks is a little different between the sedan and the coupe. See the below email:

"Bob Nichols" <[email protected]>
Sorry for the delay - There is an issue w/ these coilovers of ours and we need to come up with a remedy - We had another guy who had the same problem but installed aftermarket sway bar links and the problem was eliminated but other than shaving off a slight bit of the material on the collars they are going to hit - I wish there was a simple rememdy that I could provide for you but there is not and it is going to take us a little time to make new pieces that takes care of the problem...

I guess I just do not know how to make this right for you - Any suggestions - We will have this resolved like I said but it will take a bit of time - 30-90 days give or take

Let me know what I can do in the mean time to help you out

Thanks and best regards,

Bob

So theres your proof - :thumbsup:

Twobit

Reaction score
I purchased a set of Ksports for my old accord, like 750, never got to experience them but I think people said they're pretty good.

Back