Consider this a very stern, and FINAL warning

Accord281

Reaction score
To be fair, I think my rep should be lowered bc I have only received rep once and 73 points seems a little high for it. I know that the higher the person's rep, the more rep you receive, but perhaps this could be altered so that when rep is given, it is given evenly each time.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
To be fair, I think my rep should be lowered bc I have only received rep once and 73 points seems a little high for it. I know that the higher the person's rep, the more rep you receive, but perhaps this could be altered so that when rep is given, it is given evenly each time.

I agree

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
please stay on topic..we don't need another thread going off topic because people giving lemon a hard time...

i do like the idea of only the admins having the power :D muhahaha more power=more fun

Millz

Reaction score
on another forum im on there is no rep system...

certain members get appointed a special status by the mods for being helpful/informative etc

nyknick1015

Reaction score
WE HAVE A REP SYSTEM?!?!?

jk...

I dont even pay attention to the rep because i know most of the guys on here are good credible guys who can steer me in the right direction. But for those who do that... Use it, don't abuse it, (treat it like yo dick) use it properly and efficently and lets not have things like this come up again

thanks

HECz_

Reaction score
It was brought to my attention that a lot of people were abusing the reputation system. You all know who you are, but the worst offenders were definitely:

-Juicebox00
-Litocg2rider
-Russianred
-Younglemon
-Mr. humpy
-smoky

Why does this piss me off so much? Simply put, the rep system is supposed to recognize people who are helpful and friendly. It's not for saying "cool car" or "here bish lolz" or anything else retarded. Giving rep just because someone gave you rep is also stupid. There's nothing wrong with saying "thanks", but no one should become one of the highest repped people on the site just for being rep happy and getting it in return without actually contributing anything.

We can view all reputation messages, all posts that were referenced in the rep, who's given you rep for whatever timeframe we want to look at, and who you've given rep to.

Because a few people decided to trade rep back and forth, and completely jack their rep up so high, I had to go through all the rep deleting the bull**** ones, and then deleting rep comments you had left for other people because your rep was so inflated by then. It's annoying as hell to cross check so many people's reputation comments.

Reputation that abusers received that they actually deserved (like rep that Juicebox received for his DIY) wasn't deleted. Things like that are exactly what you should rep for. Unfortunately rep that you probably deserved, but received from other abusers, was deleted. Getting 450 rep points from someone who only should have had ~40 to give, because you helped jack their rep up, you don't get to keep.

I'm going to be adding a new infraction here in a few minutes for abusing the reputation system. Get one, and it's going to stay there for AT LEAST 1 month, I haven't decided how long yet. Get another one and you get a temp ban and your rep reset to zero.

A lot of you guys have contributed a lot to the site, and there are a lot of cases where you absolutely deserve to get rep. That doesn't excuse abusing the system though

No one's getting in trouble for what's been done up to this point, but I WILL be paying attention from here on out as to how the reputation system is being used. From now on, there are no excuses, and no warnings.

And yes, some reputation left by/for moderators was also deleted if anyone thinks I'm just picking on one group of people.

repped.

Back