Correct LED beam angle for door courtesy lights?

robollama

Reaction score
I know the right size LED to get for these (168), but I'm not sure what beam angle to get? 360? 180? 90? 220? 120?

Any help here?

Last edited:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Re: Correct LED beam angle for door courtesy/step lights?

wouldnt 360 be best so that the light spreads more evenly so that theres no hot spots ?

Madelinot169

Reaction score

I just bought a kit off ebay, changed the lights in the doors (Coupe) the 2 lights on roof towards the front and the dome light for some UV L.E.D's and i think it cost me like $40, and it loooked pretty awesome.

Bax

Reaction score

It really doesn't matter too much for the courtesy lights, 360 being the best though obviously.

pics?

robollama

Reaction score

wouldnt 360 be best so that the light spreads more evenly so that theres no hot spots ?

I just meant the courtesy lights on the doors. So no need to worry about hotspotting

I just bought a kit off ebay, changed the lights in the doors (Coupe) the 2 lights on roof towards the front and the dome light for some UV L.E.D's and i think it cost me like $40, and it loooked pretty awesome.

I've already replaced my dome and map lights with white LEDs, and I loved them so that's the reason I'm now adding the courtesy LEDs.

It really doesn't matter too much for the courtesy lights, 360 being the best though obviously.

pics?

Hmm.. You don't think it'll shine up towards you too much when you open the door?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i believe mine are 120 degree, and they are adequate.

anything with 200+ degree coverage will probably end up looking dim (that is, a single LED with a visible "spread" of that much).

robollama

Reaction score
click on the pic in my sig to see my leds.

EDIT: here is what i have in the doors: http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...n=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/WLED-x.htm#photos

i can't remember if i got 90 or 120 degrees, though. i think i got 120.

thanks and nice ride man :thumbup:

i believe mine are 120 degree, and they are adequate.

anything with 200+ degree coverage will probably end up looking dim (that is, a single LED with a visible "spread" of that much).

Guess after both of you guys saying 120, I'll go with that.

Bax

Reaction score
Thank you. :peace:

Good choice. and get the ones i linked to, as the bulb only has one led. Anything too bright will look weird, as the courtesy lights aren't really meant to be so exaggerated.

robollama

Reaction score
Thank you. :peace:

Good choice. and get the ones i linked to, as the bulb only has one led. Anything too bright will look weird, as the courtesy lights aren't really meant to be so exaggerated.

Done. Just bought them :lolrun:

Back