Crazy Problem

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
your oil pressure sensor might be bad or the oil passages might be clogged. doesnt vtec engage at something like 2300? therefore wouldnt the car stay under 2300, because the stock setting will make vtec engage at this rpm? either way, its in limp home mode so something really bad doesnt happen.

black00accord

Reaction score
yeah I think it was in limp mode...I changed my oil tonight in case oil was the problem and then reset the cel light and it hasn't popped back on yet. I will see tomorrow if the car will do it again, cause it has to be driven for a while for limp mode to kick in and will let you guys know ASAP...You guyz F&*@$%! rock with all your help....Gracias

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
black00accord said:
yeah I think it was in limp mode...I changed my oil tonight in case oil was the problem and then reset the cel light and it hasn't popped back on yet. I will see tomorrow if the car will do it again, cause it has to be driven for a while for limp mode to kick in and will let you guys know ASAP...You guyz F&*@$%! rock with all your help....Gracias

No problem. Another way that can happen is if you're taking a turn too fast/hard and the oil is forced to one side of the pan. The sensor will think you have low oil because of it's inaccurate reading and cause the same thing to happen.

ryan s said:
doesnt vtec engage at something like 2300? therefore wouldnt the car stay under 2300, because the stock setting will make vtec engage at this rpm? either way, its in limp home mode so something really bad doesnt happen.

That's for the V6 models.
For the 4 bangers, VTEC engagement is higher

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
angelplus said:
Engagement is like 4300 on our cars isn't it?

The F23's don't have a set VTEC engagement. It can engage as early as 4700RPM's and as late as 5200RPM's. It depends upon, weight, load, RPM's, oil pressure, temperature ETC:
But as a note....VTEC will NOT engage if the car is cold. The car has to be withing normal operating temperature

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
blacknight said:
The F23's don't have a set VTEC engagement. It can engage as early as 4700RPM's and as late as 5200RPM's. It depends upon, weight, load, RPM's, oil pressure, temperature ETC:
But as a note....VTEC will NOT engage if the car is cold. The car has to be withing normal operating temperature
hmm, i guess i read too much on v6p :p and yep, when its cold, the car wont rev over 4000. i noticed that last winter, in addition to the "brake" light staying on lol.

black00accord

Reaction score
ok...so my car is acting great since the oil change and yeah whenever I take a corner to fast my car does that and that was another thing that I thought was wrong. I'm takin it on a few hour drive tonight so I will see if it stays cool...also the cel hasn't come back on yet.I hope my babies alright I love these cars....Peace

angelplus

Reaction score
black00accord said:
ok...so my car is acting great since the oil change and yeah whenever I take a corner to fast my car does that and that was another thing that I thought was wrong. I'm takin it on a few hour drive tonight so I will see if it stays cool...also the cel hasn't come back on yet.I hope my babies alright I love these cars....Peace

Good luck man, seems like thats the fix.

I however hate our cars. They're slow, almost unmoddable for turbos nitrous , timing stuff, all that stupid **** that we dont think is nessesary. But yeah, its fun to be driving a 6thgen, it looks great when its lowered, and i think it has a fairly nice ride. Its a great car for the money too. Thats the reason why I bought it in the first place.

Back