Crazy Problem

black00accord

Reaction score
Whats up everybody I'm new to the site...Aight I'm havin a problem with my ride. It only happens once my car is warmed up but then I will not be able to rev over 3800-3900 rpms in any gear.When that happens it acts like its not gettin gas anymore or its stuck.Its been hard to figure out cause it wont do it in neutral, so I can't check it when I'm parked. What the f@$* is goin on? :confused:

HondaGus

Reaction score
oh dude i have that problem when i blew my motor, is the Check Engine light on?

if so take it to HONDA ASAP,

the car is like in a SUPER SAFTY mode so u dont blow the motor get it checked out right away. regardless if there is no CEL or there is.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Check your oil level.
If the oil is low, then VTEC will not engage and you can't rev past 4K RPM's
Happened to me a couple of times and a few other people I know.
You probably have CEL that's lit also.
Click here for that also

angelplus

Reaction score
Or maybe hes running a vtec controller and its not letting you engage vtec becuase our cars are retarded. Had the same problem when I installed my vtec controller, I'd go over 60 mph, and then it wouldn't let me go past 3900rpms. Vtec aint engaging right.

angelplus

Reaction score
OOOO so thats why it wont let you adjust your vtec, becuase of your oil pressure switch is sensing the oil and you need to have that working some how! oh wow.

black00accord

Reaction score
Alright, I dont have a vtec controller...yet. and my cel light is on. I checked my oil level yesterday and I dont think thats the problem. I hope its not really messed up. I'm gonna go to autozone and borrow their cel reader and try to figure it out.

Browntown

Reaction score
I haven't had any problems yet (knock on wood) but I did have that same issue in a truck I had. It turned out to be the fuel injectors. They weren't firing correctly and in turn screwed up everything else. That was fun to fix. Does your car ever die on you while this is happening?

black00accord

Reaction score
so i went to autozone and used their reader. p1259 vtec system malfunction and p1486 cooling system malfunction... F%$@, Called honda service dept. guy said vtec code could be becaust oil is low or mass air flow sensor...cooling system could be temp gauge or switch he wasnt very helpful with th cooling system part

Back