curious about auto trannys

jwong512

Reaction score
If you plan on making your V6 autotragic faster, I would highly recommend getting a heavy duty Torqflo auto tranny cooler from Autozone. It's only about $59.99 and it has super cool so according to the manufacturer it should cool down your transmission a lot. I'm planning on getting the same tranny cooler as well. I think you might need to add a bit more tranny fluid than normal though. That should be able to preserve your transmission a lot longer and bolt ons seems like a good approach :). I think a AEM V2 CAI would be a good approach and if you wanna keep it carb legal, I would recommend DC Sports Stainless Steel Headers for better performance.

K-DAWG

Reaction score
nice thought about the cooler. that sounds like a steal for only 60 bucks. thanks man

jwong512

Reaction score
nice thought about the cooler. that sounds like a steal for only 60 bucks. thanks man

No problem. When I looked at the design, it seems that the radiator like thing is actually an insulator and fluid just runs through it while it absorbs heat. However, I'm not 100% sure as I haven't bought mine yet but that's how it seems to me.

K-DAWG

Reaction score
ok well i checked my local autozone and they didnt have it in stock so im waiting till they do. if you get yours send me a pm to let me know.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I still have a tranny cooler sitting in a box that I need to put on.

There are a few things you can do with the V6, but the least expensive would be to do the I/H/E.

Pulleys are another option, but with minimal gains. Swapping to manual would be really good, but unfortunately not an option for you.

Back