Custom Intake Manifold for Turbo F23

AFAccord

Reaction score
Biggest issue is the inability for the motor to expel exhaust gases fast enough. A good turbo manifold and larger turbine are great places to start. Higher compression, larger intake valves, head porting and cam would be great after that. I think the biggest myth is that people need a huge throttle body. They're great for throttle response on an N/A motor, but its almost like a light weight flywheel, in that there's no real increase in power production.

FYI... My head is stock, my IM is stock, and my TB is less than 60mm.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Do you think going 1mm over on the intake and exhaust valves would do more good?

I believe so. I haven't seen anyone maxing out the F23's intake manifold or throttle body yet, so it's still just a guess.

I just wanted to prove a point that the F23 can handle a lot more power under boost in stock form than most people think. Everyone wants custom this and custom that. I love the enthusiasm, but its just not necessary with the displacement advantage we already have over other Honda motors that do just fine without all the aftermarket goodies. Stock throttle body, stock intake manifold, stock valves, stock head, stock cam, stock fuel rail, stock ignition, stock liners, higher compression, and OEM bearings.

I think that's just the opposite of what most people would choose for a 400whp build, but it worked out great for me and I had zero issues with tuning other than ones caused by my own ignorance.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
In addition to what Jason said above, tune is key to all of the components really...

I'll be using a 68mm throttle body portmatched to the stock intake manifold, but I am also adding a Helix spacer that I will be custom portmatched to both sides of the the two pieces like a sandwich, this should work to increase volume, to the already well-designed F23 stock manifold. Oh the intake runners are ported and will be matched to head..

So really it depends on what you're doing when it comes to all the small stuff. The small stuff makes exponential benefits in a high-power setup, compared to almost nothing, and in some cases even power loss - in low-power configurations.

Back