D.T.R. lights??

koreanegro

Reaction score
any suggestions on making high beam lights daytime running lights like the new civics.?

Last edited by a moderator:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Re: diy D.T.R. lights

any suggestions on making high beam lights daytime running lights like the new civics.?

LOL

Just buy some crappy bulbs from ebay. Paint the bulbs with some nighthawk tail-light tint and it shud give the same effect. Why the hell wud u want lights on during the daytime anyways??? If my car came with them, they would be coming off pretty fast.

VietNinjaJ30A1

Reaction score

There are DRL kits on eBay...or you can google it and find a DIY on how to make your own. I've seen a DIY for it...involves some basic electrical components and some wiring. Shouldn't be too hard to do. I'm planning on doing this as well as soon as I get my new retros done.

finch13

Reaction score

I plan on doing the same thing with my retro... bi-xenon in the low beam bowl and turn the high beam into a yellow DRL. MikeyMike was the inspiration.

Tinting the bulb is actually a really good idea, except putting anything on the glass is begging to kill the bulb life, not to mention it could be hazardous.

I drive with my lights on during the day, so minimizing igniting my HIDs is always preferred.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

It makes sense, but it's possible for this to be a state tax write off. The newer cars have them because DOT thinks its safer. If any of u were gonna do it, i would look into that.

finch13

Reaction score

any specific good brand dlr kits?

It would be really easy to just buy and HID harness and connect the harness to the ignition. Basically, just get a bulb harness, connect it to a relay, draw poer from the batt, and use the ignition signal to close the relay circuit.

dynasty

Reaction score

you can be ghetto and put the small wedge bulb and wire it to the cigerette lighter so when you turn on your car, it'll be on also. bahaha

Back