Dash lights don't work

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
I am changing the motor in my car and figured I would fix the dash lights while I was at it. I have checked all the bulbs and fuses and nothing is blown. I have also switched the multiplexer out of another car. Still no lights.

Is there something I am not thinking to check?

james'99

Reaction score
Check that fuse. Is your clock back-lit when lights are off? If so, good. Is it not back-lit when lights are on? Bad. Multiplexer or fuse.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
I'm assumIng you turned on your headlights and no dash light came on, if so, it's most likely your multiplexer. I blew mine twice, when replacing it just make sure it from the same trim model you have. DX won't work with LX or EX i4 and LX and EX v6 as well; they all differ between the i4 and v6. There is a diy somewhere in thread just search it will detail how to replace it.

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
Check that fuse. Is your clock back-lit when lights are off? If so, good. Is it not back-lit when lights are on? Bad. Multiplexer or fuse.

Correct. Clock light works fine when the lights are off.

I'm assumIng you turned on your headlights and no dash light came on, if so, it's most likely your multiplexer. I blew mine twice, when replacing it just make sure it from the same trim model you have. DX won't work with LX or EX i4 and LX and EX v6 as well; they all differ between the i4 and v6. There is a diy somewhere in thread just search it will detail how to replace it.

I matched the part numbers on the stickers of the multiplexers. Maybe that doesn't mean anything though.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
I matched the part numbers on the stickers of the multiplexers. Maybe that doesn't mean anything though.

I can't recall if the part numbers are the same or different between i4 or v6 and trim levels. But I do know for a fact that the backside of multiplexer that goes to the fuse box differ between the i4 and v6.

mikewohlwend

Reaction score
I just looked up the prices for brand new ones and they aren't all that bad. Now what is the wire that I don't want to hook up with my aftermarket radio?

Back