DesiKid's 01 Accord Sedan EX-L

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Congrats! So happy for you! I'm taking like 2.5 years to complete mine now lol. What's your plan on your CL then? I'm not asking for any parts, but I'm just curious, how other guys are dealing with gutted out CLs in general, when they're done with the swap.

I might have to reconsider deleting the IMRC, if I could get more mid-range haha. (But, the prob is, I don't exactly feel any loss of power in the range lol.) I used to hear about the cruise control being a bit tough to be reassembled back, but I'm sure you'll make it. It's interesting that you like to keep the ABS functional. Not so sure if that's a challenging idea, but maybe not so much, since you have a different ECU? (I just like the raw sports & Type-S theme into the Accord lol.)

Yea you should feel and enjoy the current upgrades for a while. But wait..., what? It's not as fast as you expected?? It should have a good power-weight ratio than the CL's tho.. Your TLS6 could be faster, but your Accord should be much quicker, right? Or, simply you just had a high expectation, which I'm hoping that you'll say yes lol.

Same here. Big thanks to these web forums and members. I feel like the 6th gens could have lost their courses about twenty some years ago, with fart cannons & halo lights, if there were no forums like these places.

Thanks Richard, if i count the time I've had the Cl donor car, it's been about 3 years to complete the swap haha. The subframe on my CL is mint...considering it's been covered in engine oil since I had a leaky j32 lolol, so I'm selling the shell to a buddy for $700. If you want anything off of it, I'd be glad to help out, he only wants the subframe and seats. I do know that Evan (Puzzlemaster94) was looking for a CL shell. He hit me up asking for mine, but this old girl is double salvaged. Your's is pretty clean so might be worth looking into selling it to him?

I think since you have a j37 mani, it flows better so you might not feel the dip in the midrange as much. I'm sure one of the guys got the j37 IMRC functional on AZ or V6P. The car doesn't feel slow. Definitely faster than the CL for sure considering it's 200lbs lighter I believe. My problem is that I've been dailying the TL-S for these past 3 months which I'm used to now and I honestly can't tell if the Accord or the TL is faster lol. I wanna race the 2 against each other but I'll probably take both of them to a dyno in the near future and get hard evidence. I do need a baseline for both cars before I start port/and polish work on the Accord and exhaust/j-pipe on the TL.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Thanks Richard, if i count the time I've had the Cl donor car, it's been about 3 years to complete the swap haha. The subframe on my CL is mint...considering it's been covered in engine oil since I had a leaky j32 lolol, so I'm selling the shell to a buddy for $700. If you want anything off of it, I'd be glad to help out, he only wants the subframe and seats. I do know that Evan (Puzzlemaster94) was looking for a CL shell. He hit me up asking for mine, but this old girl is double salvaged. Your's is pretty clean so might be worth looking into selling it to him?

I think since you have a j37 mani, it flows better so you might not feel the dip in the midrange as much. I'm sure one of the guys got the j37 IMRC functional on AZ or V6P. The car doesn't feel slow. Definitely faster than the CL for sure considering it's 200lbs lighter I believe. My problem is that I've been dailying the TL-S for these past 3 months which I'm used to now and I honestly can't tell if the Accord or the TL is faster lol. I wanna race the 2 against each other but I'll probably take both of them to a dyno in the near future and get hard evidence. I do need a baseline for both cars before I start port/and polish work on the Accord and exhaust/j-pipe on the TL.

That's right. I remember you were contemplating on getting a CL for the swap, right about the time when I got my CL. Well, you beat me for finishing that up haha! Actually, Evan has been helping me out on my swap project a lot from the beginning. I've been hitting him up from time to time, whenever I spot a clean CL on the internet that he wants to get, but Idk he was also interested in getting a shell. Interestingly, My CL was discovered and located in a place about only 2hours away from where he lives, when I bought it lol.

Ok, that's encouraging to hear. Your 3G TLS has better power-weight ration than the 2G CLS, so I'm assuming that's prolly why you got used to the feeling of the TL's power. Okay, I'll def keep my eyes on the IMRC in the future. Thanks for posting up the video clips, too! Damn, this forum is hot again lol.

Hey, is your CL's head unit (CD player) still working? You got a radio code with it? Come to think of it, my CD player is busted, and I feel like I could use some music of my own choice, when I drive my CL sometimes haha.

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
That's right. I remember you were contemplating on getting a CL for the swap, right about the time when I got my CL. Well, you beat me for finishing that up haha! Actually, Evan has been helping me out on my swap project a lot from the beginning. I've been hitting him up from time to time, whenever I spot a clean CL on the internet that he wants to get, but Idk he was also interested in getting a shell. Interestingly, My CL was discovered and located in a place about only 2hours away from where he lives, when I bought it lol.

Ok, that's encouraging to hear. Your 3G TLS has better power-weight ration than the 2G CLS, so I'm assuming that's prolly why you got used to the feeling of the TL's power. Okay, I'll def keep my eyes on the IMRC in the future. Thanks for posting up the video clips, too! Damn, this forum is hot again lol.

Hey, is your CL's head unit (CD player) still working? You got a radio code with it? Come to think of it, my CD player is busted, and I feel like I could use some music of my own choice, when I drive my CL sometimes haha.

Unfortunately, I dont have the stock headunit. The CL came with a single din aftermarket radio :emotions122:. I remember I used to rock a cassette wired adapter in the Accord if your phone still has a headphone jack?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I dont have the stock headunit. The CL came with a single din aftermarket radio :emotions122:. I remember I used to rock a cassette wired adapter in the Accord if your phone still has a headphone jack?
Oh ok, yea that's a bummer haha. That's right, I can rock with the cassette player adapter. I might be going with the Bluetooth FM transmitter then, if there's no oem HU around. I just like to use that steering wheel audio controller thing, but I guess a stock CL's HU is kinda being hard to come by to do that lately.

Thank you anyways. I think I won't be needing any other parts from another CL for now. I'm still not even sure if I wanna do the dash swap, but I might be interested in your whole dashboard, since mine is warped by the condensation from the windshield. Idk if you can / want to ship out such a bulky thing in the 1st place tho haha. (I've been undecided about the dash swap concept for the past few years, and you don't have to ask me why lol.)

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Lol I have the same dash issue, all of the vents are popping out of the dash since it's warped.

One thing I heard is that if you do the dash swap, you can somehow get the side mirror to tilt down when putting the Accord into reverse like how it is in the CL. I do miss that feature, but that's becuase I'm a snob for wanting all OEM features

boshi

Reaction score
Oh ok, yea that's a bummer haha. That's right, I can rock with the cassette player adapter. I might be going with the Bluetooth FM transmitter then, if there's no oem HU around. I just like to use that steering wheel audio controller thing, but I guess a stock CL's HU is kinda being hard to come by to do that lately.

Thank you anyways. I think I won't be needing any other parts from another CL for now. I'm still not even sure if I wanna do the dash swap, but I might be interested in your whole dashboard, since mine is warped by the condensation from the windshield. Idk if you can / want to ship out such a bulky thing in the 1st place tho haha. (I've been undecided about the dash swap concept for the past few years, and you don't have to ask me why lol.)

Yo! I Just purchased and installed a GROM AUDIO add on unit to the OEM head unit. It gives bluetooth and retains the steering wheel controls to adjust spotify!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Lol I have the same dash issue, all of the vents are popping out of the dash since it's warped.

One thing I heard is that if you do the dash swap, you can somehow get the side mirror to tilt down when putting the Accord into reverse like how it is in the CL. I do miss that feature, but that's becuase I'm a snob for wanting all OEM features
Haha I can totally get the picture of ur dash then lol. Well, the cars are all cloned, so what can we say, right?

Yea that auto side mirror tilting thing is one of the sweetest Type-S features besides the memory + heated seats imo, too! Well, I think dash is just a dash -- a panel. My understanding is that it needs the CL's wire harness & the switch to get it to work. I'm sure a lot of ppl uses the CL harness when they swap their dash, so maybe that's why they say it works..? But that's crazy, if it works with the dash itself!

Speaking of OEM features, I found it interesting to hear from you that you like to keep the ABS (and TCS, too? But that's only 01-02). I'd keep the cruise control, too but, to my knowledge, when Acura introduced the 03 CLS6, they intentionally ditched those ABS & TCS from the platform, to be more analog, raw and pure in sports performance. This is of course all comes to your preference of how you like your Accord to be tho, but that's how I see the CLS6 being the simplest yet badass old school car that needs no ABS n TCS. :burnout:

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Haha I can totally get the picture of ur dash then lol. Well, the cars are all cloned, so what can we say, right?

Yea that auto side mirror tilting thing is one of the sweetest Type-S features besides the memory + heated seats imo, too! Well, I think dash is just a dash -- a panel. My understanding is that it needs the CL's wire harness & the switch to get it to work. I'm sure a lot of ppl uses the CL harness when they swap their dash, so maybe that's why they say it works..? But that's crazy, if it works with the dash itself!

Speaking of OEM features, I found it interesting to hear from you that you like to keep the ABS (and TCS, too? But that's only 01-02). I'd keep the cruise control, too but, to my knowledge, when Acura introduced the 03 CLS6, they intentionally ditched those ABS & TCS from the platform, to be more analog, raw and pure in sports performance. This is of course all comes to your preference of how you like your Accord to be tho, but that's how I see the CLS6 being the simplest yet badass old school car that needs no ABS n TCS. :burnout:

Yeah sorry meant to clarify dash harness. Some people bring the dash harness with the dash swap so they're able to get some extra features. For street driving ABS is always nice to have even though I have the RL BBK upgrade. Does your CLS6 not have ABS? Mine saved my a** when I was dailying the CL through winter multiple times. TCS or VSA I don't care for really, especially when you have a 6spd. Even when I was driving in the winter with the Accord stock drivetrain, I'd have to turn TCS off otherwise I couldn't plow through the roads some days.

Speaking of winter...part of me wishes I followed thru with the CL seat swap, but since I'm not winter drivng the car anymore, I'm saving for DC5 Type R Recaros

ThatDesiKid

Reaction score
Yo! I Just purchased and installed a GROM AUDIO add on unit to the OEM head unit. It gives bluetooth and retains the steering wheel controls to adjust spotify!

I'll have to look into this for my TL-S for sure! I was looking at the USA Spec BT45-ACU but can't bring myself to shell out $230 for it yet when my aux cord works just fine.

Back