Detailing the inside of my love...

jennelena

Reaction score
Ok...anyone know how to remove the geal console thing, mine is relly dirty and stick...sometimes the gear shift gets stuck because of all the stuff I spilled!!

utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDUuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA1MDIuanBn.jpg
:wtf1:

I know this is so disturbing to see such a beautiful car dirty...if you help it won't ever look like that again..
THANKS
JENN

kurtage77

Reaction score
Ah i actually tried taking mine out a few days ago.
There was a thread for it, but i lost it :/
I'll try to dig it up.
But basically you wanna take out the cup holder first, then from there, pull the rest of the trim off from back to front.
I didn't take mine off because i thought i was gonna break something haha, but maybe you'll have better luck.
Oh yea don't forget to take off the piece going around the shifter.

jennelena

Reaction score
Ah i actually tried taking mine out a few days ago.
There was a thread for it, but i lost it :/
I'll try to dig it up.
But basically you wanna take out the cup holder first, then from there, pull the rest of the trim off from back to front.
I didn't take mine off because i thought i was gonna break something haha, but maybe you'll have better luck.
Oh yea don't forget to take off the piece going around the shifter.

Thanks, hopefully you will find that link/info...I know it all comes apart because I when I had Sirius installed it was all taken apart....but didn't watch how it was done!

JENN:haysm9:

Raymond

Reaction score
It's really easy. Take off the small trim ring that goes around the base of the shifter. It's attached with push clips so you just pry it up until it snaps off. Open the cup holder and pull up on the lid with some force, it snaps out as well. Then do the same for the entire base. Voila!

sweagle02

Reaction score
under the radio is where it's sticky as hell for me! Right in that center console with the rubber. It's ridiculously sticky! Is that a common problem?

SteadFast

Reaction score
I don't have a write up on how to get the center console out, I think its just a matter of screws, then remove the shift knob with 2 set screws on the side of the handle, pull that off, then I think there are 4 screws holding the gear indicator plate on, close to the floor.

Tip for cleaning cup holders and other console parts- Remove all electonics from them, then wipe or scrape out any big stuff (coins, ect) Put the parts in the parts cleaner- aka the dishwasher. Run them through like dishes, with a mild, or small dose of soap, make sure there are no real dishes in there. Before using the dishwasher for its intended purpose again, run it once empty to clean it out.

Also works for rubber mats and other parts.

Back