DH`s 2000 coupe

DH48

Reaction score
Update:

Work is going slow but it is still moving along. The engine now shoud be as i want it with the mounts on.

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

Transmission sider
DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

The AC pipes had to be bent a bit so as not to hit the rear valve cover. Other then that no problem with it fitting as i wanted it. Axles almost line up with the hubs ...about 1cm off from the center to the front so it should be within the limit.

About the mounts. I have decided take the lazy man route and order the innovate NSX mounts at the end of this week. Will be able to used 3 of the 4 mounts. The passanger side mount will have to be changed anyway. The cost will be about 370 euro to get the parts here but i will have good engine mounts also will make it much easyer to swap. Also will be going to pick up some engine mount brackets off of some donor hondas so the chassie mount points will look a bit more like it came from the factory when done.

Also found a local company that does axle work so custom driveshafts will not be a problem. Will just get new shafts made with the NSX spline count on the inner and CG2 count on the outer. Will palce the order of the mounts at the end of this week so they should be here by May and should take me about 4-5 days weld and fabricate the mount points.

Do not want to be to optimistic as i have been wrong about dates many many times but if things go to plane i should have engine in, axles on and exhaust work done by some time at the end of May. Engine wiring is almost done anyway and am working on the fuel rails and fuel supply.

So far most of the main problems have been resolved but as with any non standard swap hickups small problems will show after i turn the ignition key on.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
I'm impressed to see how much has been accomplished, Keep it up bro.:waytogo:

DH48

Reaction score
Sry not much to update. I got the NSX mounts a week ago but have not had time to weld mounting points on the frame.
Will try to get the engine aligned this weekend and two mount points welded (the front and transmission side)
PIC000528.jpg

PIC000541.jpg

PIC000544.jpg

Front subframe will need just a small modification. If i just welded the mount point to it the mount would only have about 5mm of movement. If i can get it to 11 +- 1mm im good. The transmission mount is the easiest. Just need to get the alignment right and weld.

It is not that easy to align the engine. Had to borrow a laser measuring tool so i do not mess up the measurements and the mounting points on the body are right. Still thinking and sketching the passenger side and rear mounts.

So far the idea with the passenger side mount is to cut the old mount in half remove the rubber and weld a plate with a 12x100mm bolt on to it. It would look something like on the EP3 civic. Still no ideas on the rear mount. Will get a better idea of the space i have to spare after it get the sides and front mount welded.

Other then that have started work on the body. Rear bumper need work and i decided to plastic weld the marker light closed like the EU. Plastic i got from the CL-s rear pumper. Just need to get the right PP type plastic weld rods and can use the heatgun to butt weld it.
PIC000546.jpg

PIC000547_1.jpg

DH48

Reaction score
Lol thx for the kind words.

Had a problem getting a sheet of 8mm steel so ended up getting 6mm but stronger steel. Took 2 weeks for the company that i ordered steel from to call me and say sry we don´t have the 8mm but have 6mm and stronger. (1500mm x 6mm x 300mm). 6h of measuring, cutting and grinding with this much done.
DSC_0262.jpg

Just spot welded but i need to get some final measurements and test fit the engine again before i weld.
Also need to learn how to weld again. Going from argon mix 20 to just CO2 is like learning to ride a bike again (cheaper then a mix). Lots of splatter and much more aggressive. Need to do some test welds.
DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

And a random pic :)
DSC_0270.jpg

DH48

Reaction score
Not the best welding i have done but it will work:
DSC_0280.jpg

DSC_0284.jpg

The CO2 kept burning up the surface and turning it brown. Might have regulated it wrong.

Covered the welds with body mastic. Will paint as soon as i have finished the rest of the mounts.

Just looks so right. :love:
DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

Fans will need to move to the front as there is no room for fans between the engine and radiator. Other then that.....fits.... just.... its like shoehorned in there :)
DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

Temporary mount on the passenger side until i finish welding it. Other then that the engine is now on the frame with the full weight. If all goes to plan should have all the mounts done by next weekend. Then can start work on the alt, AC, PS mounts. Also will then be able to get the measurements for the axles and can sent them to be made.

Last edited:
Back