DH`s 2000 coupe

Varnell

Reaction score
This is just a few weeks away from being my favorite 6th gen. I love all the pics and hard work you're putting into this project. Motivates me to do something special with my ensuing engine swap.

DH48

Reaction score
Don´t think i will finish it in a few weeks. Thinking ill be able to send the axles out to be made in a few weeks. Still need to finish the two last mounts. Almost finished the passenger yesterday.

But having the engine in i have found my self a few other problems that need solving.

1) Accord AC pump will not work (to long) and if i order the NSX pump the front frame will need a bit more work.
2) Exhaust manifolds. Will need a 180° U turn for the rear so i can run the pipe like on the J30a1 and the front will yet again need a small modification to the subframe
3) AC radiator ( interior). The input and output will need to be bent. At the moment there is not room to connect hoses.
4)Belt. This is the hardest so far. I have to figure out what belt i want. The wider like on the 96+ NSX 3.0 and 3.2 or narrow like on the older OBD1 NSX 3.0. Need to figure out what is the pest option and with what variant i am able to use all the acc. i have ac, alt and PS.
5)PS still have not decided on what to use. Hydraulic or el. pump from a MR2 Will try to figure that out as soon as i have finished the mount an am able get a better overview.
6)Shift linkage - To extend using another set that i have so i am able to come around from the front and connect to the transmission as the NSX or connect to the transmission backwards and just mirror the shifter (shorter linkage)
7) Sensors, solenoids and other el. systems. Some parts OBD2 some OBD1. So far have no idea how it will work out. In theory should be no problem but reality is that something might be wired wrong or the OBD1 ecu just does not know the value it is given by a obd2 solenoid, sensor etc.

Just some of the problems that need solving.

I will however try to get her running as soon as i am able to get the engine bay painted and the wiring on. Test drive depends on how fast am i able to get the axles from the shop

DH48

Reaction score
Took a small brake from mount welding and took on the wiring again for a change. Will do the last of the welding work on Monday.

Injectors, coils, vtec solenoids and pressure sensors are done. Also part of the automatic transmission wiring has been removed from the J30a1 wiring. Just need to cut,put snake skin on, solder, use heat shrink wrap aaand repeat with all the other plugs and wiring.

P7120117.jpg

P7120118.jpg

P7120121.jpg

The passenger side mount. ( it works but needs a bit cosmetics. Also the bolts will we cut to the right length)
P7120119.jpg

Just need to weld the bottom plate and sides and then drill holes for the bolt.
P7120120.jpg

Got the starter too. Only took one day to air mail from NY to here (estonia).
P7120123.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

Will have to go shopping for exhaust pipes soon and start working on the manifold adapters and downpipes. Will have to order a Innovate wideband lambda.

Will be going OBD2 on the belt side as then i will be able to use the correct NSX alternator. With a OBD1 narrow belt the mount i have welded would just get in the way.

DH48

Reaction score
Small update. Mounts are done for now. Still need a bit work but will be able to do that after have finished with the wiring, exhaust and axles. Then will be able to lift the engine out for the last time and paint the engine bay.

Wiring is turning out to be more of a challenge. Lots of dif wiring schematics for the NSX and the EU J30a1.
P8160387.jpg

P8170388.jpg

P8170393.jpg

Can say that the hard part with the wiring is over. Just have to finish up and can move inside and re-pin the OBD2 to OBD1 adapter. Also will add a switch for the clutch pedal. The NSX has a neutral switch on the transmission and a clutch switch that go to the ecu.

Was making a adapter plate for the TB and..... well accidents happen and lucky for me still have my fingers. Adapter was not bolted down and slipped with my hand. The glove got the most of the blow but still got cut. So now can say that blood has been spilled to get this finished.

P8170394.jpg

TB is form a honda legend. Will mod it so i will be able to bolt a MAP sensor on it.

cjsaccord

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, you are going to be a rebel when this is completed.

DH48

Reaction score
Small update:
Not going as fast as i wanted but still getting stuff done. Most of the sensors have been re-pinned on the ecu side. Just sorting out some extras and looking into some strange extras the NSX has.

Service manual says that no matter if manual or A/T or even if it does not have DBW (drive by wire) it still has a acceleration pedal position sensor. Need to find out if it effect the engine in some way.

A nother strange thing is the fuel pump has 2 outputs for the fuel pump. Also the fuel pump has a relay (main relay) and a resistor box. Reading the manual it should turn off or slow down the pump when decelerating.

Almost all of the OBD2 to OBD1 adapter pins had to be re pinned. Only thing that was the same was MIL light.
PIC000677.jpg

Marked with red dots is the fuel pump. Need to do some reading up on this. Would not want the ecu to just jump to limp mode.
2014-08-30195502.jpg

Started work on the shift linkage. Will combine two sets from a civic. Then it should be long enough to kind of circle around the engine bay and line up with the transmission from the radiator side. Will need to make a new mount for the shift linkage on the transmission as one was not provided with the transmission i bought.

Also strange note. The NSX has a separate plug for VTEC. The plug is located on the opposite side of the ecu (a 8 pin plug) :eh:

Varnell

Reaction score
Just stopping by to once again pay my respects. Definitely glad the NSX engine was out of my price range because I would have bought it way back when I was first looking into engine swaps. lol

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Wow, never even thought of an NSX swap!

I guess c-types are old Accords and Legend (but some of those are strange!)

Back